Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orleans, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any idea why the delay they were moving along so well-maybe waiting for town to hook up electric or Tesla to supply more equipment??

I get the feeling Tesla kicked off an entire winter's worth of supercharger construction to finish all ground work before the ground freezes, and now they will move much slower installing the above ground equipment and activating things.

JWardell might be right, but I'll add to the speculation with this. It would make sense that supercharger station investments might go on and off hold depending on the organization's projected cash flow and how that's looking for any given reporting period. When you want your accounting books to look good, holding off on spending is one way to help that.

At any rate, I'll be passing by the Orleans site this weekend and will take a look for progress.

Reactions: JWardell
JWardell might be right, but I'll add to the speculation with this. It would make sense that supercharger station investments might go on and off hold depending on the organization's projected cash flow and how that's looking for any given reporting period. When you want your accounting books to look good, holding off on spending is one way to help that.
If that were the case you'd see widespread impacts where multiple sites across whole regions were affected. Temporarily holding up expenditures on a single location isn't going to be even a rounding error on Tesla's books. And anyone paying attention to more than just a single site will clearly see that this isn't an issue.

Reactions: JSergeant
Great news! Supercharger stalls were just installed at Stop & Shop in Orleans. Installer says may be another week or so before their activated.
20191121_154900.jpg

Great news! Supercharger stalls were just installed at Stop & Shop in Orleans. Installer says may be another week or so before their activated.
View attachment 479648

Thank you for posting this! Looking forward to charging there and not lugging a NEMA 14-50 extension cord with me whenever I want to drive up to my family’s house on the Cape!

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
If that were the case you'd see widespread impacts where multiple sites across whole regions were affected. Temporarily holding up expenditures on a single location isn't going to be even a rounding error on Tesla's books. And anyone paying attention to more than just a single site will clearly see that this isn't an issue.
Yes. Good points.