Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orleans, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it is energized before this weekend might make a quick run there and back. Advice on where to stay on the outer cape for 1-2 nights with last minute reservations?
Sheraton Eastham and a delicious dinner at Karoo restaurant in Eastham or dinner at rock harbor grille in Orleans

you can also come to purchase a vacation home in Wellfleet as we have an open house on Saturday and you could live near the Supercharger station less than 9 miles away and near all the local stores/restaurants!

Reactions: willow_hiller
I have only has my Model S for a few months now, but what is the procedure for when the chargers are activated for it to show up on the in-car supercharger map? Anyone know how far apart those have been? Easier than me spamming the forum every time I check I figure..,

I have only has my Model S for a few months now, but what is the procedure for when the chargers are activated for it to show up on the in-car supercharger map? Anyone know how far apart those have been? Easier than me spamming the forum every time I check I figure..,

I think I've (virtually) watched hundreds of these being built now...and with that I can say that there really isn't a consistent time-frame. But the big pieces that need to be done near the end after all the pedestals are installed will be:

Transformer shows up - Not sure if that is already here or not, haven't been paying that much detailed attention.

Power from the grid is connected - There's not a great way to know this is done (after the fact) but it's necessary for the next step...and it's not done by Tesla. Sometimes people get a photo of a utility truck onsite or some such. This might be done when the transformer is installed, depending on where everything else is in the process.

Tesla commissions the site. The site needs power from the grid first for this to happen, but you'll know it's done when all the stalls are numbered and the logo at the top of them will be lit up. Then you will be able to successfully charge your car. If there was some glitch in the process the stalls will be numbered, but the Tesla logo will not be illuminated. But once both are true, you can charge. Notice this is going to happen before the next steps...and sometimes there can be weeks in between what comes next or sometimes days.

Site shows up in the car. Tesla does this when they feel confident everything is working properly. Of course, generally speaking someone on the forums is going to post that it's online or someone will post on plugshare or something like that. But Tesla is on their own timetable. So it's not "official" until Tesla says it's ready, but it can work way before this happens. Usually charging is "free" until it shows up on the website. I don't guarantee that...but it seems to be true from what I've read.

Site shows up on the Tesla webpage. Again, no predictable amount of time for when this happens.

There you have it...that's what's coming next... Maybe one day I'll make a flowchart, that I can just paste in (cause I feel like I've answered this question enough times to warrant that). :)

Just went by still all wrapped up 16A1F549-D757-4BF8-ADE5-00A4DB3064DC.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Cape Coddess
Maybe not the right place for this but does anyone else have issues with AP pulling hard to the left when leaving the cape going from 1 lane to 2 lanes? I have to take control every time, and there is a yellow lane line on the left side, very strange behavior. On 2019.40.1.1.

Maybe not the right place for this but does anyone else have issues with AP pulling hard to the left when leaving the cape going from 1 lane to 2 lanes? I have to take control every time, and there is a yellow lane line on the left side, very strange behavior. On 2019.40.1.1.
yes. But mine is not a hard pull. And I'm not on that update that you are on yet.

Mine wants to stay in the left lane. I found that if I carefully put a slight pressure down on the right side of the wheel when I come to that point I can sometimes get it to go to the right lane without coming out of AP. Supposedly we have to train them. If enough of us do it maybe they'll finally stay to the right.

However, I do have hard pulls along route 39 in Harwich. One is at a mailbox. Jeeves seems to want to crash into it. Another is just before the rail trail crossing, at the 40 mile-an-hour sign heading west and then again right across the street the 45 mile-an-hour sign heading east. I filed numerous bug reports when it was first going on but have given up.

Last edited: