TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Orrin Hatch - Plug-In Electric Vehicles 2008

Discussion in 'News' started by MDR, Jun 22, 2008.

1. MDR

MDR Member

some encouraging roadster production line info:

Orrin Hatch - Plug-In Electric Vehicles 2008

2. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Good find MDR. Thank you.

I've not heard this 2-cars-a-day figure before. You're right - This is genuine, encouraging GOOD NEWS.

So why does Tesla bury it in some random website? Why can't the TM website homepage feature two counters:-

X Roadsters built last week/ today / so far / whatever
    Y Roadsters delivered so far etc.

I know it's really irritating when people like me keep going on about the old TM style, but the weekly blog update we all used to follow would have solved this:-

The Blog Editor could drop in a weekly update:

Roadsters in Hethel: X
    Roadsters mid-Atlantic: Y
    Roadsters in San Carlos: Z

Roadsters were delivered this week to: Los Angeles x 2, San Francisco, Chicago

Damnit it doesn't have to be a blog. It could be an online "Production Update" press release or an e-mailed newsletter.

But this sort of info may just be communicated to those on the waiting list. Pity

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I think there'll be a production update coming out soon.
    I can understand Tesla not wanting a counter running and thus every production hiccup second guessed by the public. Maybe after things are going more smoothly.

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Anyone else notice that no new postings have shown up on the 'official' Tesla blogs since June 19th? Is their moderator on vacation or something?

5. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

Or they just ran out of "appropriate" comments...

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

TEG
    Have you watched the videos of the Roadster all over Europe? Must be hard to keep up with pesky things like your job when having so much fun.

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Personally I'd say being out promoting the car in places where people with money exist is more doing your job than putting a few words on the internet. If they have fun while doing that, I'm happy for them.

And that lap of Le Mans has just silenced more of the doubters in my group of friends than any blog entry ever could.

8. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

However there was a blog entry on Sweden at the end of last week that now seems to have been pulled, together with my comment.

9. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

#9 malcolm, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
    It is a tough balance. At some stage there was always going to have to be some form of transition to a more "exclusive" area for Roadster owners: Tesla Motors - feel whilst keeping the more public areas going for Whitestar.

Something simple like that, yeah.

Remember that time in late 2006 when two whole weeks went by without a new blog entry and commenters were predicting the imminent demise of the company? :rolleyes:

But then it took me a while to accept Martin's departure. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/4146-post6.html

That was a big kick in the brand loyalty.