Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OS Version 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a placeholder for threads on the upcoming update. I brought my 2014 S85 in to the Red Hook SC today for the eMMC recall repair. I asked them if they could update me to v11 and I was told that they "would have to order it." (In other words, my request was not understood).

There's no way v11 arrives before July at the earliest IMHO. Their software release schedule has slipped pretty badly in the last six months. They missed half of the "hot" features Elon promised for the holiday update, FSD is of course late as always and they are struggling to get the new Model S/X with v11 out the door before July. Features like Tidal which they announced in September and were testing in December in 2020.48 still haven't made it to release.

The last actual feature updates were week 48 of 2020 and week 4 of 2021. Everything else has been bug fixes.

Reactions: Cheburashka
I believe that v11 was announced last November. I asked for the update, since I have been surprised in the past with a service center's advance access to upgrades. This is what I meant by upcoming.
English much? You said upcoming and then you asked Tesla to update you to it. How is it upcoming at that point then?
See my response above. Did I really need to explain myself? Do you normally ask stupid questions?

• Disagree
Reactions: bedoig and pabla
I have in the past received updates from Service Centers that were not otherwise available to me. Is this a 5 minute argument? Or an hour?
Maybe 4+ years ago. Back in the “connect to service center WiFi for an update” days of yore.

Car firmware releases and eligibility have been exclusively controlled by the mothership for many years now.

It’s a Saturday, so I mean, we can go 5 or 60 minutes at your preference. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ‘Merica
Maybe 4+ years ago. Back in the “connect to service center WiFi for an update” days of yore.

Car firmware releases and eligibility have been exclusively controlled by the mothership for many years now.

It’s a Saturday, so I mean, we can go 5 or 60 minutes at your preference. ;)
It was probably about that long ago. I only paid for the 5 minutes... unless you’re arguing in your spare time... 🤪