Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

osprey now £1/kWh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am shocked (as in I totally believe you!) at the real world figures on an X1! I recently did a tour around Scotland in a motorhome.... was getting 24mpg on motorways @70mph and 26mpg average across whole trip.... that is not exactly aerodynamic and was just under 3.5t...

The s-max that we currently have gets 36mpg on a motorway run (with aero roof bars), will do over 40mpg on a "steady" journey. I was spoiled in the early 2000's when I did a lot of commuting with the Mondeo I had that was always between 52-54mpg....

Reactions: MashinBenzin
I'm comparing specific journeys, and not averages. If 'most motorways runs were high 30s' I would bet there were some that were lower. We also aren't comparing speeds and clearly as a BMW a certain 'pace' is expected that might only be matches by Audi owners (or Mini's for some reason). My route is also not all motorways, they run out in Glasgow if you are heading to Kintyre and it takes 2.5 hours further on far smaller roads and cresting an 800ft mountain pass (Rest And Be Thankful, Arrochar – Hills & Mountains).

I am absolutely saying that the X1 wasn't an efficient car, but I can read a map and do maths thanks.
Lovely route that. Mine was routine M4 commuting, nothing so interesting. Really very little difference in the Discovery on different journeys - driveline drag and weight being such dominant factors that a bit of weather made little to no difference. The 320d was another story and I could tell which way the wind was blowing on stormy days by the MPG.

The 440i was an astonishingly effective tool at BMW speeds and made mincemeat of the 100 mile middle of the night runs to and from Heathrow, in between the endless short temporary 50mph restrictions that spring up at night.

Out of that lot, the 320d was the only one that made trips up and down the Rest and Be Thankful. I’m looking forward to getting the Tesla up there.

Lovely route that. Mine was routine M4 commuting, nothing so interesting. Really very little difference in the Discovery on different journeys - driveline drag and weight being such dominant factors that a bit of weather made little to no difference. The 320d was another story and I could tell which way the wind was blowing on stormy days by the MPG.

The 440i was an astonishingly effective tool at BMW speeds and made mincemeat of the 100 mile middle of the night runs to and from Heathrow, in between the endless short temporary 50mph restrictions that spring up at night.

Out of that lot, the 320d was the only one that made trips up and down the Rest and Be Thankful. I’m looking forward to getting the Tesla up there.
One of the few roads in the UK where you can get the Tesla battery % to visibly increase on the way back down.

Reactions: MashinBenzin