Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OT: Picture Obfuscation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In conversing with a friend in backchannel I realized that the info I gave might benefit a wider audience.

Having done enterprise infosec for 22 years, I tend to the paranoid side, so take this for what you will.

Many here use your own pictures as avatar, however it's easy now to search by actual image and gather a surprising amount of info on someone, no matter what their pose.

Would you believe that Facebook has a bot that analyzes pictures of hands, and if the pic has enough resolution they actually scan and store the fingerprints?! WTF for?! The temerity!

Another of their bots analyzes pics of guns, and picks out their serial numbers. Then available to law enforcement or anyone who knows how to look. What business is it of theirs? (Although I don't believe in guns myself, as I am not a frightened person)

Any telltale info in pics can be compiled for easy search now. I've started using a tool called Fawkes to obfuscate my pictures, putting them out of reach of current AI.