Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OTA Update 17.24.28 on AP1 X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an OTA last night to 17.24.28 on my AP1 X. There's no release notes, and the significant change I noticed this morning is AP is now limited to 40 mph on local roads and highways that were not limited before. Bummer, as no one drives 40 on Kal highway (or any other highway for that matter). I did notice that I can manually drive >40 using the accelerator and autosteer still functions however.

• Informative
Reactions: nanimac
I received an OTA last night to 17.24.28 on my AP1 X. There's no release notes, and the significant change I noticed this morning is AP is now limited to 40 mph on local roads and highways that were not limited before. Bummer, as no one drives 40 on Kal highway (or any other highway for that matter). I did notice that I can manually drive >40 using the accelerator and autosteer still functions however.
So, just to clarify.. you're driving on a non-divided highway, with a marked speed limit (that the car has recognized).. yet it limits you to 40? Have you checked your offset setting to ensure it wasn't set back to "0"?

So, just to clarify.. you're driving on a non-divided highway, with a marked speed limit (that the car has recognized).. yet it limits you to 40? Have you checked your offset setting to ensure it wasn't set back to "0"?
Yes. My speed limit offset is still set at +7. I've noticed a couple of places on H-1 where it arbitrarily dropped the speed as well, but I'm not sure why. Seems there's some (intentional?) bugs in AP in this release...