Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OTA Updates...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apps are a little slow recently, same happened at around this time last year. It's easy to forget but there were lots of features that I use released during 2020 ...
  • Speed sign recognition
  • Car will now start charging when my charger provides power
  • Sentry Cam viewer
  • Spotify now supporting podcasts and generally being more reliable
  • 2FA for my Tesla Account
  • Traffic Light green alert sound
  • App alerts if I leave the windows open
  • SMS Messaging
  • Being able to see an updating number of available SuC available from the map
I don't think we should be surprised that there has been next to no development in AutoPilot/FSD, we are on a legacy version while the rewrite is being iterated by beta testers in the US.

As for windscreen wipers, yes mine are now terrible and go too fast and drag blades across a dry windscreen. They didn't used to be, but I've coated the glass with gTechnic which perhaps was a mistake.

Must admit I'd forgotten some of the sentry mode stuff, I don't bother with it personally.

I'm surprised you say its only a recent thing that the car starts charging when the charger provides power, I'm pretty sure mines always done that and it seems to be how public chargers work?

The others seem more linked to the app than the car.

I guess we all see things differently and have a different tolerance to issues. Only this morning I read somebody complaining that NoA was trying to make them change lane because the hard shoulder was coned off and it seems in the US you have to leave a whole lane free to a coned off area where as we don't. Seems a lot of the car is designed for the US rules and not European. That's either a testing error or a design oversight but either way is detrimental to us over here.

For anyone who has had a model3 since 2019 it has to be recognised that there has been a raft of improvements and new features added... and I’m certainly not referring to games! Any other brand would likely be no further forward than when when you bought it. The updates more recently have not continued that momentum and it does feel different, the emphasis being on undisclosed bug squashing (and creating). It’s a frustrating period and I’m certainly hoping that we get back to updates being something positive to look forward to.

I'm surprised you say its only a recent thing that the car starts charging when the charger provides power, I'm pretty sure mines always done that and it seems to be how public chargers work?
When connected to an AC charger the car used to go to sleep if no power was provided, it would not recheck if power is provided later. If you use a smart charger to schedule when it will provide the charge the car would ignore it. Now, when there is a cable plugged and the car is willing to charge it will wake up every 15mins or something and potentially start charging.

It changed sometime over the summer, it's useful for me as I prefer to schedule that way on my EO Mini Pro, but I also think people who are diverting solar to car it's very useful.

Reactions: Mik3LR
Over 3 years of Tesla ownership I've come to appreciate OTA updates. Sometimes it's a case of 1 step forward and 2 steps back, but overall the UI is now a lot better than it was back in early 2018 (talking about Model X in this timescale). Although I've noticed progress has been much slower over the last 12 months or so. There were much bigger changes and many improvements through 2018-19 as I recall. There were also a lot more software bugs back then if you can believe that! I've only had the Model 3 for a couple of months, so can't really comment on that. But the M3 UI appears to be going through a transition phase at the moment.

I have been without USB audio player album artwork for ages.

Not really a big deal, but a constant reminder of poor quality control and nonexistent response to a known issue.

I have yet to test for myself, but I hear rumours that after 12+ months the black level issue making MCU2 rear view camera unusable in many lowlight situations my have been resolved.