Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other Car Companies... so behind

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sitting watching some football and an Audi commercial comes on.

And it starts with these big images of multiple suns booming around each other.

And I'm getting ready for something ground breaking...

And it says:

LED TECHNOLOGY. FOUND IN THE AUDI Q5.

And it shows headlights.

• Funny
Reactions: dhrivnak
I'm sitting watching some football and an Audi commercial comes on.

And it starts with these big images of multiple suns booming around each other.

And I'm getting ready for something ground breaking...

And it says:

LED TECHNOLOGY. FOUND IN THE AUDI Q5.

And it shows headlights.
Well, you'd be surprised how many people are still sporting halogens on the road.

As far as technology goes, the other car manufacturers aren't nearly as behind as we think they are. Volvo for example wants to put Drive Px 2 cars on the road next year which means they will be on the road just like Teslas before regulators even approved self driving vehicles.

What's lacking in the majority of these manufacturers is the major commitment to BEVs and technology. They all just have their limited scope publicity projects or announce their vision for 2020 with zero substance. I think when the public really sees the Tesla Model 3 and the Chevy Bolt on the road then manufacturers will start moving faster.

And the recent Lexus ads with electric bolts flashing all around their cars for their....ta da... hybrids. And BMW with their I-8 apparently "inspiring" their line of tepid PHV's. That touting electric is seen as beneficial by these companies shows that EV's have developed some serious cachet and it shows how desperately behind the other manufacturers truly are.