Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other cars are worse.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Uncle Paul

Nov 1, 2013
Canyon Lake,CA
Friends from my Viper community have made interesting comments regarding the quality controls from other brands.
Many here have complained about one issue or another with Tesla products, but wanted to balance that conversation with the realization that the perfect car has not yet been mass produced.

"Placed an order 2 weeks ago for a Cayman GT4. Always wanted one though everyone tells me to just get a 911. Problem with the 911 option is that it would cost too much to get the car I would want, so the GT4 kinda fits the bill.

Then I find out 2 days ago that Porsche has stopped production on all of the 4.0 NA inline motors because the rods are cracking. They are going to have to replace all of the existing 2021 motors because of this, and there is a 6 month hold on the motors as of now.

Then I start to find out that the front strut towers are cracking/coming apart. Apparently these are cast aluminum towers that are cracking/coming apart either from being used at the track or even from potholes. Porsche is not covering the issue as they are blaming "impact". Imagine that...impact from a pothole. The part is like $450...and then tack on almost $5K for the labor."

Reactions: CapsEngineer