Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other car's paint left on my M3, how to remove...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a white model III (8 months old). Someone opened their door into mine in a parking lot and left a black paint mark on my door. How can I, without damaging my car's paint, remove the black paint and restore the car to the pristine condition that it was in? If I have to go to pros, I will, but this looks like a small job to me.

Thank you

I have a white model III (8 months old). Someone opened their door into mine in a parking lot and left a black paint mark on my door. How can I, without damaging my car's paint, remove the black paint and restore the car to the pristine condition that it was in? If I have to go to pros, I will, but this looks like a small job to me.

Thank you

Believe it or not, try a little toothpaste and a microfiber cloth. Old detailer's trick - very mild abrasive so it doesn't harm the paint but works well to take off minor scuffs.

Thank you
Try NuFinish polisher, it will remove it.

Scratch X on a Microfiber towel. Scratch X is a diminishing compound. It get more mild as you use it and ends up with a soft polish. One step and done.

Try the mildest compound first. Only go to more agressive compounds if the mild stuff in not effective.

Follow up with some polish or wax.

May sound funny but it is very quick and doesn't hurt the Paint... Spray a bit of WD-40 on it and lightly wipe with a Magic Eraser. Should come off within a minute or two. Then wash with soap and water. I've had to do this a few times after someone scraped their paint on mine.