TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Other Charging Options in Rock Springs, Wyoming?

Discussion in 'North America' started by pox, Jul 14, 2015.

1. pox

pox Member

On my way home from Salt Lake and was planning to charge at the KOA in Rock Springs. I've charged there quite a few times without an issue. I need a good 100 miles of range to get home to Riverton.
    They said they were overbooked and didn't have a 50,30amp or any space due to a rodeo. So we are at a Super 8 overnight that has 16amp 120v. All the other RV parks are more long term mobile home parking and didn't a 50amp for overnight. I was thinking welding shop or Tire Shop might have a 240v. Any Thoughts on faster charging in the area?

2. wws

wws Member

Allstays shows another campground with 50a, about 11 miles west of Rock Springs: http://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds-details/33948.htm

The truck stop in Little America is supposedly a Shorepower.com site. That would provide a 14-30. But Shorepowerconnect.com is showing it as "coming soon". Not sure what is up with that.

3. pox

pox Member

WWS,

The overnight hotel worked out this time, the other campground in green river was also sold out. I have used little america in the past. It's up and running and always iced with big turks not using the service. The are over 30 stations and I have managed to squeeze once and it was very slow charging at 30amp 208v. They also have 480v 30A with a connecter I've never seen before, would be good to get an adapter.

4. wws

wws Member

The 480v connection is 3-phase. So unfortunately a simple adapter wouldn't work.

5. miimura

miimura Active Member

You could pull one phase and neutral out to get 277VAC with a simple adapter. However, I believe things like NEMA 14-50 sockets are only rated to 250VAC. I also wouldn't want to be the first one to try it on my Model S (if I had one).

6. pox

pox Member

Back in Rock Springs again, almost all the hotels sold out. Found the motel 8 and super 8 have 120v outlets. The Super 8 is 20amp if you have the adapter. Added them to plug share.