Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a few threads make mention to the potential Alliant rate reset. My car won't be delivered for a few months, and they won't lock in the rate I was approved at (wasn't aware of the 30 day approval when I applied.

If the rate does go up, what's the next best option for someone with A+ credit for financing?

I'll check my local credit unions, thanks Max!

I will say if I don't find something comparable to the 1.74% from Alliant I may cancel my order - I have through the 15th to finalize, and would just re-order once the Tesla Preferred financing was sorted out - be it Alliant or whomover.

I'll check my local credit unions, thanks Max!

I will say if I don't find something comparable to the 1.74% from Alliant I may cancel my order - I have through the 15th to finalize, and would just re-order once the Tesla Preferred financing was sorted out - be it Alliant or whomover.
The difference between 1.75 and say 3.00 would be less than the $2500 you would loose by canceling.

Reactions: chillaban
Don't most of those come with immediate 3% or 4% fees right off the bat? And then 0% for how long? Probably not 6 years, and after they go off 0%, I doubt you'd pay any less than 15%.
Yea but 3% up front is vastly less than 3% APR. The trick when the 18 to 21 month term is up is to just roll it to another 0% until you have each one paid off. I have had offers lately that have a 2% transfer fee rather than the 3 to 5 percent.

Yea but 3% up front is vastly less than 3% APR. The trick when the 18 to 21 month term is up is to just roll it to another 0% until you have each one paid off. I have had offers lately that have a 2% transfer fee rather than the 3 to 5 percent.

I don't understand. My reasoning:

Assume $70k car
3% up front = $2100
3% APR = 0.25%/month = 3.042% compounded over a year = $2129/yr interest (assuming you never pay any principal back, which is impossible here)

I've seen a few threads make mention to the potential Alliant rate reset. My car won't be delivered for a few months, and they won't lock in the rate I was approved at (wasn't aware of the 30 day approval when I applied.

My rate will be locked in once I give them the VIN# this week. Did they not do the same for you?

I applied last week and will not be delivered until September.

1.49/72 months

If they have to pull again and I don't get that rate, I will be back here with you. :)

My rate will be locked in once I give them the VIN# this week. Did they not do the same for you?

I applied last week and will not be delivered until September.

1.49/72 months

If they have to pull again and I don't get that rate, I will be back here with you. :)

Who were you dealing with? My contact, we'll call him "Mark"(because that is his name), seems like a bit of a jag. His response to my request to lock in the rate?

"Nothing we can do at this time. "

His reply to my question about potential rate changes?

"I do not."

Guess this is what you get when you have a captive audience.

lol, he sounds swell.

Let's just say I am not dealing with Mark but another gentleman listed a lot on this forum and he was very helpful. I will see Wednesday when I supply the VIN as he asked for to lock in the rate or see if it was lip service.

I have seen some up and down transactions as of late with Alliant and with your info and others here lately I do not feel confident that mine will get locked in