TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Other Owners in Wyoming?

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by pox, Aug 15, 2015.

1. pox

pox Member

One of the top questions I get is if I'm the only Tesla owner in Wyoming. I'm pretty sure I'm the only Tesla owner for a 100 miles of Riverton. I think there are at least 3 more owners in state. Is there a report from Tesla that list sales per state?

2. ozweepay

ozweepay Member

Did you look through
    Mountain/Southwest ?

Search that forum for "Wyoming" and there are a lot of hits (many talking about superchargers, but some owner threads).

I saw a Tesla in Yellowstone last month, but it had plates from... CA (of course).

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

My wife was in Wyoming a couple of days ago...but we're from Washington.

We were there almost a year ago, too. In a grocery store parking lot in Cheyenne, a woman approached us to tell us how excited she was to see her first Tesla. She knew about them from her brother, who was so excited about Tesla that he made her and some family members visit the Cheyenne Supercharger, because they didn't know where to go to see a car so just looking at vacant chargers was the best they could do.

So, yeah, there might not be a lot of Teslas around. I hope that changes.

4. imherkimer

imherkimer Member

I live near Sheridan. There are 4 Model S seen regularly around Sheridan, and I hear that another has been ordered.
    I know a Model S owner in Casper. I have heard though don't know personally, that there are Model S owners in Cody, Jackson, and Cheyenne.
    When I ordered my car in April 2013, I asked the Tesla rep on the phone if my car would be the first in Wyoming. He said, well you'll be in the first 10!
    He said he thought the first one went to Cody. Haven't been able to verify that. There were definitely others in the state before mine.

5. pox

pox Member

That's about what I was thinking, sounds like all the Wyoming Tesla owners might be able to fix in a one Model X. Most of the posts are people trying to make it across Wyoming with any Super Charger in center.

Imherkimer, how are you charging and I wonder how the owner in Cody is charging, From Riverton to Billing, MT via Cody would be the shortest route. EV trip planner says I can make the 244.0 miles, adding a few more miles of Cody would be nice to play it save.

6. imherkimer

imherkimer Member

When not charging at home, and in places with no other charging options, I use RV parks.
    Have several times used the Fountain of Youth RV park in Thermopolis, because they let us soak in the Hot Springs while charging at no extra cost (Cost to charge $20 + taxes.)
    The owner also has a decent hotel in town and will include charge and hot spring soak with overnight stay.
    Supercharger is now in Sheridan and Billings and HPWC's are available in Buffalo, Casper, and Gillette hotels.
    Not sure about Cody beyond RV parks. Usually have had a good reception at RV parks. It helps to call ahead.
    Going from Riverton to Billings, I suspect Thermopolis is a better option for top-up than Cody.