Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other Things to do in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is good Chinese food at any of the multitude of strip malls in Fremont...

A short distance away is San Jose and the Tech Museum there is worth taking a look at. Also in San Jose is Santana Row which has good shopping--kinda high end.

If you were to head South to Big Sur, instead of Napa, I'd highly recommend The Post Ranch Inn for a stay. It just might be the most beautiful hotel in the world.

Of course, you could tempt her with a trip to the Gilroy Outlet Malls, just to make sure that your Supercharger is working. Get some of our famous In and Out Burger there. I'm not sure if they have that in Atlanta.

Wow...Never thought I'd recommend the Post Ranch Inn and In and Out Burger in the same paragraph!

If you are in downtown SF, it only takes 45 mins to get to the plant in Fremont (at least on a weekend). I was there this weekend and took the Bay Bridge (I-80) to I-880 and there was the building smiling at me just off the freeway....

We're doing the factory tour on April 1, also the Jelly Belly tour (our 11yo son will be with us) hitting China town for dim sum, and staying near fisherman's wharf. Flying out to SF and stopping on Vegas for 3 days on the way back. :)

There is a Jelly Belly Outlet store in the Gilroy Shops. The actual factory is up in Fairfield 1+ hours north of Fremont.

My favorite dim sum isn't in Chinatown but at Koi Palace in Daly City. In the City, I'd go to Ton Kiang on Geary. Avoid the tourist ripoff at Yank Sing.

My colleague (another Chinese guy) says the best Dim Sum (and his favorite Chinese Restaurant) is Fu Lam Moon--in Fremont.

A great place for dim sum only a couple of miles from the Tesla factory is BK's Bistro, 3113 Stevenson Blvd. Fremont. Google Maps lists it as BK Kitchen. It is typically full of Chinese (who now make a sizeable part of the population of ethnically diverse Fremont.) We lived in Fremont when we were first married in the early 70's and it has changed a lot. We visited a friend there recently and she took us to BK's Bistro. Not expensive, probably half the cost of Yank SIng in SF, but as good - over 100 choices of dim sum and a totally Chinese menu if you want. They also serve dim sum all day long. We are Chinese and go back to Hong Kong regularly - it is as good as many of the HK dim sum places, but not as good as the very best in HK.

A walk around Lake Elizabeth in central Fremont is also very nice.

Thanks all for the info. Has anyone visited the Jelly Belly factory? Is it worth it? I know there are several factory tours around SF, and would like to do one more ther than Tesla for our son. Any recommendations? I know there is a Fortune Cookie factory, some breweries, Jelly Belly, among others.

Thanks!

The Jelly Belly factory tour is great for kids or kids at heart. Last time we went was probably 5 years ago when our kids were 9 and 11 and they loved it. All the free samples can give you a bellyache! When you're done with that, you can wash down all the candy with free Budweiser samples at their factory tour next door. Just be aware that Fairfield is about 75 minutes drive north of Fremont, but then you are about 20 minutes away from Napa, so you might consider spending the morning at the tours then head to Napa for the afternoon and maybe overnight in any of the numerous B&Bs.

Jelly Belly Factory Tours

Overview | Budweiser Tours

If you'd rather head south from Fremont, there's the Tech Museum in San Jose, the Gilroy supercharger at the Premium outlets (next to Sony store), and Monterey Bay Aquarium, which is the best Aquarium in California and possibly the world.

The Tech Museum of Innovation

Gilroy Premium Outlets

Monterey Bay Aquarium

Enjoy your factory tour. You may want to stop by the service center to check it out (north end of the huge factory building) and see the parking lot full of Model S cars awaiting transport/delivery. I also purchased accessories such as the tire inflation kit at the service center to avoid their outrageous shipping charges.