Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Area Tesla and Electric Car Rally Oct 05, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have found another Tesla group that is based mostly in Facebook. Their organiser’s name was given to me by Kevin, one of the new Service reps for Ottawa. I am trying to arrange a car rally event with them on Saturday October 05. As usual we are travelling lot. We plan to cruise to Iceland and Greenland with two of our grandchildren, leaving Ottawa Aug 15 and returning Sept 08. We have planned the event on Sat Oct 05 as it is the only weekend day that I have free before we leave again on Oct 12.

Janette and I did a dry run for a Tesla rally drive to Smith Falls this past weekend. We determined the best route for the group would be to follow a route with as few lights as possible. We also made a reservation at a Chinese Buffet restaurant in Smith Falls - this will help with ordering, as in past events, it has taken a long time to order and then receive your meal. This way we can start eating as soon as we arrive. We also checked out the local Tourist Bureaus and picked up some pamphlets about the historical significance of the area. This material will be available at the lunch for those who are interested.
THE PLAN FOR SATURDAY OCT 05, 2019

10:00 Meet at Ikea parking lot near Pinecrest Ave where the electric chargers are located. This will allow everyone time to meet with each other etc.

Around 10:30 TO 10:45: Start driving to Smith Falls. We will provide a map for people to follow if they are detached from the group.

Drive is about 45-50 minutes.

11:30 to 11:45 Start lunch at King Star Oriental Buffet, 15 Greig St. Smith Falls (613-283-5798). It is located very near the junction of Highway #15 and No. 4 (the road we will be using). Janette and I have eaten there before. Not the fanciest place but suitable for our needs this time. We can start eating as soon as we arrive. Adults $12.99; Seniors 11.99; Children under 10 - $7.99 and children under 4 free.

During lunch
1. Albert DeSousa of Isolara has agreed to give us a short talk on the Tesla power wall and solar energy. (We have just had a Tesla PowerWall installed with our solar panels at our house).
2. Kevin Hare, one of the three Tesla Service reps in the Ottawa area, may be able to talk to us about the Ottawa Tesla Service support that is now in place here. He is not certain about his availability on Oct 05, 2019 at the this time but, if he is able, he has indicated that he would be pleased to outline what is in store for Tesla serving in the Ottawa area. He serviced our 2014 Model S85 this past week at our house. He lives in Smith Falls. I will need to confirm his availability at a later date.
After lunch: People are free to tour the locks and train museums in Smith Falls or return home etc.

Anyone who is interested in participating, please confirming your interest and the number of people in your group and what car you will be driving. Families are welcome. Contact details would also be appreciated.

BEST REGARDS
Bob and Janette MASON
613-276-8154
2 Lismer Crescent, Kanata Ont.

“Aussie Bob"

Reactions: LipSer