Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa: Delivery or pickup in Toronto?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that are in Ottawa, did you opt for delivery or go pick up in Toronto? My SA is hard pushing for us to pick up in Toronto and is saying the process for home delivery often has feedback of being frustrating.

Any real feedback? I don't mind driving to Toronto but if home delivery is good it seems silly to not opt for that.

For those that are in Ottawa, did you opt for delivery or go pick up in Toronto? My SA is hard pushing for us to pick up in Toronto and is saying the process for home delivery often has feedback of being frustrating.

Any real feedback? I don't mind driving to Toronto but if home delivery is good it seems silly to not opt for that.
Home delivery to Ottawa was fine.Showed up in my drive way, no issues at all.
What other car maker offers that!
Go for it.

I personally wouldn't take delivery sight unseen. Besides, what better way to celebrate your new Tesla ownership with a road trip home?

agreed, the road trip would be fun and being able to inspect the car at the dealer on delivery is advantageous.

When we ordered our model 3 (I’m from Ottawa) the website pointed us to Montreal which was the closest dealer within 360 km. So technically we had no choice but to pick up there. However, our SA in Montreal said that all Ottawa orders get home delivery. The SA never offered but I’m sure we could’ve picked up in Montreal and road tripped back if we insisted.

Reactions: rypalmer
I’m split on this.
I had a home delivery, but there was no one from Tesla there when my car was dropped off. If there’d been an issue, it would have taken a lot of remote back and forth to get it sorted. As @ryan said above, sight unseen has its risks.

On the other hand, it’s not a good idea to do a long road trip in a car you’re not familiar with. If this is your first EV/Tesla, there’s a learning curve to becoming comfortable with it. Depending on how far of a road trip it is, you might be in for a bad time.

Pros and cons man. Pick what you’re comfortable with, and we’ll help as best we can.

Reactions: ccudmore
I flew to Toronto and picked mine up back in 2018 but I'd have got home delivery if I could. If it helps allay any concern, Patrick and team at the service center in Ottawa are excellent.

I agree. When I and everyone else picked up in 2018, there was no option for home delivery. I enjoyed the road trip, and the whole pickup experience. And got to become familiar with supercharging by necessity. Just plan on a bio/meal break and supercharging in Port Hope, Belleville, or Kingston. Who knows, you might even run into some other Teslas at the SuperCharger and make some new friends.

We drove to TO from Ottawa and then road tripped back. There were issues with their system so the whole thing took almost 4 hours. Being able to inspect the car with the sales rep and then road trip home is nice IMO, but maybe get a delivery appointment in the morning in case things take a long time.