Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6A2B7A41-C37C-4A0F-A2E6-42148A7855A8.jpeg

Pic of the frunk cargo liner.

Reactions: Rlhm3
Ottawa Tesla Owners: now that most of us have received our 3, I would like to suggest an informal “Show and Tell” or “Meet and Greet” on Tuesday, June 19th with Thursday, June 21st as a rain date if the 19th is bad.
I suggest the southwest corner of the parking lot at the Place d’Orleans Shopping Centre, behind the new Royal Bank building.
We could show up between 6:30 p.m, and 8:00 p.m. Bring your S, X or 3. Invite as many people as you can. It’s an opportunity to show reservation holders, the interested but not yet committed, the curious and even the nay-sayers. Allowing people to sit in your car is totally your call.
I’m assuming (maybe a bad thing to do) that we don’t need permission since we’re not collecting money and it’s just “a bunch of friends” getting together. If we get tossed out, we’ll have a fun convoy along St. Joseph Blvd.
I will confirm that it’s a “go” once at least 8 others owners have committed. My X and my wife’s 3 will be there.
Reply soonest.

Will be there on Tuesday... Thursday will be hard

Reactions: Rik59
Yup, that's them without the aero caps. Have you purchased the plastic lug covers and centre caps?

Okay, glad to finally see that config for sure - thanks @Liquidmetal101! No I haven't ordered anything yet, I reserved January 16, 2018 [ducks to avoid projectiles] so I don't expect my car for at least 6 months. I like to look at it positively: my ideal config is SR battery w AWD. The SR we can't expect before 2019, but if it's imminent (like the AWD was), I might defer until it can be ordered. Considering the $14 K will likely be gone, an extra $9 K to merely avoid the sufficient SC stations on road-trips is not a good use of my budget.

Glad you're enjoying your car!!

Ottawa Tesla Owners: now that most of us have received our 3, I would like to suggest an informal “Show and Tell” or “Meet and Greet” on Tuesday, June 19th with Thursday, June 21st as a rain date if the 19th is bad.
I suggest the southwest corner of the parking lot at the Place d’Orleans Shopping Centre, behind the new Royal Bank building.
We could show up between 6:30 p.m, and 8:00 p.m. Bring your S, X or 3. Invite as many people as you can. It’s an opportunity to show reservation holders, the interested but not yet committed, the curious and even the nay-sayers. Allowing people to sit in your car is totally your call.
I’m assuming (maybe a bad thing to do) that we don’t need permission since we’re not collecting money and it’s just “a bunch of friends” getting together. If we get tossed out, we’ll have a fun convoy along St. Joseph Blvd.
I will confirm that it’s a “go” once at least 8 others owners have committed. My X and my wife’s 3 will be there.
Reply soonest.
I would like to go Tues as well.

Reactions: Rik59
Just picked up our Model 3 from detailing: GTechniq Crysral Serum (7-year guarantee) and 3M Scotchguard Pro (10-year guarantee). Like my X, this one is spectacular. Impeccable work by someone who really knows his stuff and cares about your car. Highly recommended: Luxus Auto Detailing, 1455 Youville Dr., Orleans, 613-883-5095. Price depends on the products you select. You can see it live at our meet-and-greet on Tuesday, June 19, 6:30 - 8:00 at Place d’Orleans parking lot, behind the new RBC building.

By the power vested in me as a Tesla owner and fanboy, I declare the Ottawa Tesla Meet-and-Greet to be on!
Tuesday, June 19, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m., in the southwest corner of the Place d’Orleans Shopping Centre, next to the new Royal Bank building, across from Timmies/Wendys.
Tell your family, friends, fanboys & fangirls, fudsters and Tesla haters. Let’s show Ottawa how gorgeous our cars are.

Reactions: madmax240
Saw a my first Ottawa Model parked on Elgin Friday night, a beautiful red one with 19" wheels. Like a lemming, I walked and drove by it several times! Several couples and groups of people stopped and gawked, always with one person explaining excitedly to the others why this seemingly inconspicuous sedan was so special. Oh and there was an Audi R8 parked a block away... but getting zero attention ;)

20180609_210738.jpg

...In 2.5 years of Model S ownership, my car required ... me to take a day off work [5 times] and spend the day in Montreal.

...I'm debating if I should sell my car because of this...

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration, but - wow - can't you get an underemployed relative to drive your S to Montreal for the day? Or pay a service to do it? (I don't know of such a service, but I'm sure you could pay someone underemployed $50 to do it. Heck, I'm sure you could get someone to do it for free (*ahem* this forum?), if only you could have assurance they'd drive responsibly!)

Just trying to offer suggestions.

By the power vested in me as a Tesla owner and fanboy, I declare the Ottawa Tesla Meet-and-Greet to be on!
Tuesday, June 19, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m., in the southwest corner of the Place d’Orleans Shopping Centre, next to the new Royal Bank building, across from Timmies/Wendys.
Tell your family, friends, fanboys & fangirls, fudsters and Tesla haters. Let’s show Ottawa how gorgeous our cars are.

View attachment 308943
With all the excitement I only saw this now...a misaligned front left bumper/quarter panel.
Hey anyone know when you will Be cantact by service center ? I have some paint scuffs from delivery which they took note of took delivery last Thursday love every second
I suggest you contact the Montreal SC. They will likely have the information on file but I’m not sure they will initiate the call.

Reactions: Deepsea