Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I got my trade-in evaluation back already (1 business day since submission of the form with the info as noted above by 03DSG) -- not 100% sure as two fields are still showing "Pending" (Payoff Due, Trade-In Credit) (the one that has a value is "Trade-In").

It's really low. Market value from Kijiji and AutoTrader are approximately 7-9 times higher, so most likely will not trade it as a result.
7-9 times??

would you please tell how much was the estimate I'm curios AZ I have a trade in as well

7-9 times??

So I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla CE (Std Trans) in decent shape, but does need new tires. It has a 140000 km on the ODO, and a few minor scuffs on a few door panels, but nothing that risks rusting. Car has been serviced according to manufacturer schedule. I have both winter and summers (rims + tires), and all original fitted mats. Car has Class 1 tow hitch + Bluetooth added by Toyota dealer after purchase.

Examining auto-trader and Kijiji, most people are listing the vehicle around $6500-$8500, I figure they will be getting $500-$1000 less than asking. The "trade in" values I've seen shown for the vehicle were ranged around $2500-$3500.

It appears my trade in offer via Tesla was for $800.

Of course, your trade-ins may differ radically. I knew Tesla was going to be low, but was expecting around $2K. As it goes, it will likely sit on our driveway, get listed on Kijiji, and wait until such time as someone comes and offers me a reasonable price. I'm in no rush to get rid of it, so it can linger until the snow comes...

So I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla CE (Std Trans) in decent shape, but does need new tires. It has a 140000 km on the ODO, and a few minor scuffs on a few door panels, but nothing that risks rusting. Car has been serviced according to manufacturer schedule. I have both winter and summers (rims + tires), and all original fitted mats. Car has Class 1 tow hitch + Bluetooth added by Toyota dealer after purchase.

Examining auto-trader and Kijiji, most people are listing the vehicle around $6500-$8500, I figure they will be getting $500-$1000 less than asking. The "trade in" values I've seen shown for the vehicle were ranged around $2500-$3500.

It appears my trade in offer via Tesla was for $800.

Of course, your trade-ins may differ radically. I knew Tesla was going to be low, but was expecting around $2K. As it goes, it will likely sit on our driveway, get listed on Kijiji, and wait until such time as someone comes and offers me a reasonable price. I'm in no rush to get rid of it, so it can linger until the snow comes...

I’m not an expert but I’d think that’s the auction network saying they’re not really interested. For such a low value car the margins get super thin. Transporting it, cleaning it up, doing inspections etc is all going to eat into that. Just not worth it. You are way better trying to sell this particular vehicle privately.

I assume on a higher value vehicle we’ll still get the usual low trade offer but I can’t see it being as far from the value as this, because there’s margin for them to work with.

Indeed, very much my interpretation as well. Which is fine. No big deal in my case. (I was only sharing for the benefit of others (as opposed to complaining, in case people might have thought I was).)

I didn't see it as complaining, I'm really glad to have some real examples of trade-in numbers as I await my "surprise" numbers from them! I was also happy to hear the 7-9 times qualified a bit, because that was scary. :)

This is killing me, reserved in Mtl on 31st Apr, invited 27 Mar, Configured 8 Apr, Modified from 19 to 18 wheels on 10th, no call, no VIN. I am not pissed off about not getting the car first or anything, I just want to be damn sure that I get the damn $14K rebate.

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Sounds like lots more Ottawa VINs came in - congrats guys.

Now onto delivery - was I the only one under the impression I could get truck delivery direct to Ottawa? Today my DA told me the only delivery appointments available are for Toronto or Montreal - no mention of a truck delivery option and I'm waiting on an answer to the question.

I quite fancy the road trip back from Toronto but it's a lot of time and a bunch of cleanup before I can get PPF applied.

I also got a VIN today - 232XX (Ordered Apr 17, White, Aero, EAP, Prev owner)
It can't be an accident that so many Ottawa VINs were assigned today. These must be somehow batched together.

Now how to make contact with a DS. I'd like to get the trade-in sorted out - or should I say, get their low-ball offer so I can move on to figure out what I'll do with my 2017 Volt. The dealership has offered to buy it back for $23,500. I'm guessing the trade-in offer will be around $18,000, but I could be pleasantly surprised...

Hello! Was contacted via email today by an SA in California. I realized I set my account preference to contact via email only, so I never received a phone call.

Here's my timeline so far:
- Reserved Mar. 31, 2016 online (within first 3 minutes). Non-owner
- Invited Mar. 27
- Configured & ordered Apr. 13

My SA initially indicated Toronto delivery, but is checkin on if Ottawa delivery is possible. However, they had this to say about Montreal:
I was just informed that if you are to take delivery in Montreal instead, you would be ineligible for that incentive available in your province

Hello! Was contacted via email today by an SA in California. I realized I set my account preference to contact via email only, so I never received a phone call.

Here's my timeline so far:
- Reserved Mar. 31, 2016 online (within first 3 minutes). Non-owner
- Invited Mar. 27
- Configured & ordered Apr. 13

My SA initially indicated Toronto delivery, but is checkin on if Ottawa delivery is possible. However, they had this to say about Montreal:
I was just informed that if you are to take delivery in Montreal instead, you would be ineligible for that incentive available in your province
FYA...
If, on your behalf, we are coordinating the shipping of the Vehicle to you via a third-party common carrier. You agree that delivery of the Vehicle, including the transfer of title and risk of loss to you, will occur at the time your Vehicle is loaded onto the common carrier’s transport (i.e., FOB shipping point). The carrier will insure your Vehicle while in transit and you will be the beneficiary of any claims for damage to the Vehicle or losses occurring while the Vehicle is in the possession of a common carrier.