Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! Was contacted via email today by an SA in California. I realized I set my account preference to contact via email only, so I never received a phone call.

Here's my timeline so far:
- Reserved Mar. 31, 2016 online (within first 3 minutes). Non-owner
- Invited Mar. 27
- Configured & ordered Apr. 13

My SA initially indicated Toronto delivery, but is checkin on if Ottawa delivery is possible. However, they had this to say about Montreal:
I was just informed that if you are to take delivery in Montreal instead, you would be ineligible for that incentive available in your province

That is wrong. I picked up my 100D in Montreal and no problems

Reading through the EVIP application, there is this eligibility clause:
This is the first registration and plating for this vehicle and it was not registered/plated/driven previously in Ontario or another jurisdiction/country.
@Doug_G given this clause, could you share details on the correct process that you went through? Thank you.

So an update after the SA checked. They are saying the policy has changed implying Montreal is not doing Ontario deliveries at this point, but I should contact Montreal delivery center directly to get full details (waiting to hear back from them now).

The SA also said delivery (to Ottawa) is most likely an option but would take longer.

It's looking like I'll have to work a Toronto pickup into my schedule, but I'll know more after I speak with Montreal.

Well I've decided on TO pickup and got my delivery appointment - 31st May. One-way flight is $160 which isn't bad.

Ottawa delivery didn't sound like it would be a quick option - I think they're super-focused on getting as many cars as possible delivered via the International Centre so even the Tesla folks aren't clear on other options for non-GTA people yet.

Now the last bit of waiting... :)

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Take VIA (train)?

I looked at it but the extra time and hassle isn't worth it for me right now:
  • Train is 4.5h to Union, 30 mins on the UP Express plus cab to Intl Centre - probably 6h total with waits. $112 cheapest ticket + cab.
  • Flying I'll get to YOW 45m before, take the 50 minute flight, get a cab 3km to the International Centre - roughly 2.5h tops. $160 + cab.
For $50 extra I'd way prefer less than half the travel time and simplicity but each to their own.

I looked at it but the extra time and hassle isn't worth it for me right now:
  • Train is 4.5h to Union, 30 mins on the UP Express plus cab to Intl Centre - probably 6h total with waits. $112 cheapest ticket + cab.
  • Flying I'll get to YOW 45m before, take the 50 minute flight, get a cab 3km to the International Centre - roughly 2.5h tops. $160 + cab.
For $50 extra I'd way prefer less than half the travel time and simplicity but each to their own.
Indeed the time difference is significant -- shortens the entire day to something more reasonable (with the ~4.5-5.5 hour return drive).

After some back and forward with my SA (and them continuing to push me away from Montreal delivery), I will be picking up my Model 3 June 9 at International Centre in Toronto! Flying into Pearson as well.

I can definitely understand Tesla trying to centralize deliveries as much as possible at this time. Here's hoping for a service centre in Ottawa in the near future *fingers crossed*.

I did ask if it was possible for them to put a bunch on a truck and drive it up here. He said this doable, but they would not make it up here in time for the election.

Could just be in their best interest to get people to drive down, since nobody really knows what will happen with the rebate just yet

But if you are willing to wait (and enough of you are) they may drive them up and make it easier on you.

I have a ride down there so will pick mine up in Toronto on the 5th and drive it back.

Reactions: McCaesar
I did ask if it was possible for them to put a bunch on a truck and drive it up here. He said this doable, but they would not make it up here in time for the election.

Could just be in their best interest to get people to drive down, since nobody really knows what will happen with the rebate just yet

But if you are willing to wait (and enough of you are) they may drive them up and make it easier on you.

I have a ride down there so will pick mine up in Toronto on the 5th and drive it back.
See you on the 5th!

Reactions: Alby