Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup on the 6th. Just hoping that Westjet pilots won't be on strike that day or I'll need to change my transportation to VIA...
PLanning a supercharge in Kingston and will be doing my wiring over the weekend. Luckily I have a 200A panel AND I've converted my dryer to natural gas, hence I'm repurposing my 40A breaker for the charger... :)

Still a 12-day wait...getting antsy...

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Pickup on the 6th. Just hoping that Westjet pilots won't be on strike that day or I'll need to change my transportation to VIA...
PLanning a supercharge in Kingston and will be doing my wiring over the weekend. Luckily I have a 200A panel AND I've converted my dryer to natural gas, hence I'm repurposing my 40A breaker for the charger... :)

Still a 12-day wait...getting antsy...
Good plan. Make sure you have enough charge on delivery to get to Kingston. Always give yourself a buffer (I suggest ~75 kms.) you can easily stop in Port Hope or Belleville (if it’s up and running) for a quick splash of electrons.
I’m picking up at 1:15 so we might see you at the Kingston charger (mine is red, sport wheels).

Hi Guys I’m really excited for first Ottawa Model 3 Owners and see cars on the road in June!
As for me I made an online reservation in June 2017 and wondering when I get my configuration email? Will I be able to get car delivered before $14 K Ontario rebate will expire? How many people are waiting like me?

If you haven't received your invite yet then it's quite strange because I see a lot of posts from people that reserved later than June 2017 including me.

Good
Good plan. Make sure you have enough charge on delivery to get to Kingston. Always give yourself a buffer (I suggest ~75 kms.) you can easily stop in Port Hope or Belleville (if it’s up and running) for a quick splash of electrons.
I’m picking up at 1:15 so we might see you at the Kingston charger (mine is red, sport wheels).
My mistake, my actual delivery date is June 2nd. May stop in Belleville (if it is up and running) instead of Kingston and let everyone know what it’s like.

Picked up our Model 3 yesterday at Lawrence St. Went very well, the Tesla employee who walked my wife & through the car was pretty good, given he only has worked for them for 2-3 weeks ! He still covered all our questions and I only stumped him on 1 of those "what if" questions on EAP , The paperwork went quite quick, no surprises and only took about 10 minutes (we had no trade-in and no loan with Tesla) . We were lucky he had a lot of time that afternoon and we spent 1 1/2 hours doing exterior/interior inspection and walking through the controls and options. Sooooo glad we were able to take delivery at Lawrence St and not the high volume that will start next week at International center. He did say they need to keep delivery time down lower than ours to handle the high volume in June at International center. My wife and I had read the user manual before we went, made a big difference for us.

The drive from Toronto to Ottawa went great. We overnight in Kingston at relatives (took them for test drive of course) and had 220klm (about 40%) range left ( I had asked my DA the day before to have the car charged up 80-100%, they charged it to 100% for me). We stopped at Kingston supercharger and charged up to 80%, it took 30 mins and cost less than $4.00 ! Arrived in Ottawa with about 190km range left.

Last edited:
Great to hear some Ottawa folks starting to get their 3!

I'll be picking up mine June 9 at 9am. Hoping for no issues with the car on pickup. For those of us that do find any issues, would be great if we could share with each other how that goes. There's no service center here, so just curious what Tesla would recommend to resolve any issues. But hoping everyone here has no issues.

Great to hear some Ottawa folks starting to get their 3!

I'll be picking up mine June 9 at 9am. Hoping for no issues with the car on pickup. For those of us that do find any issues, would be great if we could share with each other how that goes. There's no service center here, so just curious what Tesla would recommend to resolve any issues. But hoping everyone here has no issues.
I’m picking up on the 6th. Can’t wait. I’m guessing we see a service centre here in 2019. Would like to know how many Mod3s will be in the Ottawa area.

Picked up our Model 3 yesterday at Lawrence St. Went very well, the Tesla employee who walked my wife & through the car was pretty good, given he only has worked for them for 2-3 weeks ! He still covered all our questions and I only stumped him on 1 of those "what if" questions on EAP , The paperwork went quite quick, no surprises and only took about 10 minutes (we had no trade-in and no loan with Tesla) . We were lucky he had a lot of time that afternoon and we spent 1 1/2 hours doing exterior/interior inspection and walking through the controls and options. Sooooo glad we were able to take delivery at Lawrence St and not the high volume that will start next week at International center. He did say they need to keep delivery time down lower than ours to handle the high volume in June at International center. My wife and I had read the user manual before we went, made a big difference for us.

The drive from Toronto to Ottawa went great. We overnight in Kingston at relatives (took them for test drive of course) and had 220klm (about 40%) range left ( I had asked my DA the day before to have the car charged up 80-100%, they charged it to 100% for me). We stopped at Kingston supercharger and charged up to 80%, it took 30 mins and cost less than $4.00 ! Arrived in Ottawa with about 190km range left.
Sorry I made a mistake (senior vision when looking st screen ;)) pending charge on my VISA is $8.40. That would work out to about 25-26c/kWh

Based on forum posts, I’d say millions but a Tesla employee told me over 1,000 Model 3 orders are from Ottawa. We’re going to need a BIG parking lot for our meet ‘n greet.

1000 M3's in the NCR? while it could be true for the initial reservations, I find it hard to believe this number will be met in the NCR before 2022.

Not pessimistic, just realistic. ;)

Still think that our initial NCRM3 meet will be sooo cool! :)

Reactions: AaronYOW
Got the green light and the best lettering in my breaker box today ...and now for the Model 3 Saturday

Attachments

• 953E130D-D389-4092-B8A7-EF6DB87D3F0B.jpeg
    953E130D-D389-4092-B8A7-EF6DB87D3F0B.jpeg
    610 KB · Views: 75
  • A428F20F-1A75-4E7D-85CF-E9184EB3E2F5.jpeg
    A428F20F-1A75-4E7D-85CF-E9184EB3E2F5.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 57
  • A1FB4FFE-D9B9-4488-8C21-600CCE1F8791.jpeg
    A1FB4FFE-D9B9-4488-8C21-600CCE1F8791.jpeg
    582.5 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Interesting couple of days for me:

- ESA came and approved my 100A install with charge controller (first he’d seen). Yay.

- Flew down and picked up my M3 and drove back to Ottawa today. Great fun and loving the car.

- Tonight at home we had the A/C and electric dryer on when I plugged in the car. Minutes later the charge controller killed the power to the charger so I guess I hit my service capacity? I suppose it’s better than whatever the results of an overload would be?
I had to go grab the controller docs and found out that it resets after 15 minutes, which it did once we turned off the dryer, although the car didn’t resume charging once the charger was re-powered - I had to unplug and replug the car, which is a pain if it trips at night. Now at least I know I need to manage it. Hmmm.

Last edited: