Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
which costco did you go to?
i went to hunt club and they said they have flat lift so they can do model 3. But they do not feel 'safe' putting a no run-flat tire on a car without a spare (like tesla). So they recommend me to get a run-flat winter tire.
Kanata location, Gloucestor said the same thing. They said they could try but there could be a chance of damaging the underbody.

Got my winter tires at Sipan Tires and Rims on Industrial. Go see Mony. Without asking him, he made 4 pucks to lift up my Model 3 properly.

Attachments

• 85A9B359-B1FD-4C76-84A2-7E7285660F09.jpeg
    85A9B359-B1FD-4C76-84A2-7E7285660F09.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 113
  • BF7DB59B-CD79-4A45-8BB7-6872F79F70B9.jpeg
    BF7DB59B-CD79-4A45-8BB7-6872F79F70B9.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 77
Kanata location, Gloucestor said the same thing. They said they could try but there could be a chance of damaging the underbody.

Costco Kanata put winter tires on my Aeros and fitted them to the car about three weeks ago. I took in my lift adaptors. No issue at all - I suggest you speak to someone else. Having said that, if you’re not already booked in you’re going to be lining up at 5am...

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Costco Kanata put winter tires on my Aeros and fitted them to the car about three weeks ago. I took in my lift adaptors. No issue at all - I suggest you speak to someone else. Having said that, if you’re not already booked in you’re going to be lining up at 5am...
Costco Gloucester told me today they could lift the 3. My appt is for the 29th. I’ll bring my jack pads. Thx!

Hello Everyone, I have been a Model X owner in Ottawa since Sept 2016. While I have been happy with the EV concept, I feel the Model X is a bit too much when we realize that at most times we are only 3 people in the car. So considering a Model 3. Is anyone here willing to allow me to test drive their Model 3 and in exchange, please feel free to drive my X. Also, if there is anyone here looking to buy a used Model X, I bet I can beat the offer provided by Tesla for used inventory. Our Model X (75D) has been very sparingly used. It only has 27,000 Km on it. It is Red multi-coat, Ultra White Interiors in a 6 seat configuration.

Just wondering if they had questioned the use of jack-pads? Gloucester location didn't know anything about the pads needed for the Mod3. Im guessing these guys know what they are doing, maybe the guy at the front desk wasn't experienced with the 3. Should I leave all the items needed for the install on the front seat (jack-pads, TPMS and nuts)? I'm worried about them damaging the battery, I could always have Costco put the tires on my new rims (purchased at Costco.ca) and balance them and install them myself at home in my garage.

Just wondering if they had questioned the use of jack-pads? Gloucester location didn't know anything about the pads needed for the Mod3. Im guessing these guys know what they are doing, maybe the guy at the front desk wasn't experienced with the 3. Should I leave all the items needed for the install on the front seat (jack-pads, TPMS and nuts)? I'm worried about them damaging the battery, I could always have Costco put the tires on my new rims (purchased at Costco.ca) and balance them and install them myself at home in my garage.

I made sure the front desk guy understood, he wrote "MUST USE CUSTOMER JACK PADS" on the job sheet in huge writing, attached the container to the clipboard and he popped back and checked that the fitters know what they are for. Only then was I happy to leave them to it. I would not trust any of these places, especially this time of year - they are jammed and mistakes happen.

Having said all that, talking to the ranger the other day he said the jack pads aren't necessary IF the car is lifted in the right place and the lift has rubber pads. He doesn't use any kind of adapter when he lifts a Tesla.

• Informative
My XIce3's are done. I found they were good on ice (as the name suggests) but mediocre in snow.

I'm going with a new set of Continental WinterContact Si. Also getting a new set of winter rims because the old ones were pretty beat up after six winters and six spring pothole seasons... also they were starting to corrode.

I'll just put in a plug here for the great tire service I get from Slick Automotive Solutions - Slick Automotive Solutions - highly recommended.

tessy1.jpg
Winters (X-Ice) installed on new rims a couple days at Costco (Gloucester). Made sure and told them to use the jack pads and how to use the key-card. I stood by and watched them lift the car. One of the techs was about to lift my 3 without the pads when their supervisor jumped and told them to use them and why. So far so good.

Last edited:
View attachment 356971 Winters (X-Ice) installed on new rims a couple days at Costco (Gloucester). Made sure and told them to use the jack pads and how to use the key-card. I stood by and watched them lift the car. One of the techs was about to lift my 3 without the pads when their supervisor jumped and told them to use them and why. So far so good.

Why do you need jack pads? Is it only if lift isn't positioned properly at lift points? A little odd that only model 3's would need these?

Why do you need jack pads? Is it only if lift isn't positioned properly at lift points? A little odd that only model 3's would need these?
According to the owner's manual, the safe only jack points are literally little triangles with a single spot. Everything around it is not safe and will cause damage. I picked up some jack pads from Reverse Logic, though some people have used hockey pucks with a screw on nub.

upload_2018-12-3_16-11-9.png