TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ottawa - recommendations for winter tires and good installers?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mikeydeek, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Mikeydeek

Mikeydeek Member

Hi there.

Thinking about winter tires in Ottawa.

Have it narrowed down to Tesla’s winter tire package or putting together Replika + Michelin X-ice.

Has anyone tried either of these?

And can you recommend a good Ottawa tire shop who knows how to install too?

thanks!

2. ChrisOtt

ChrisOtt Member

I read a thread a while back where people strongly recommended against Replika (But I use them on my audi). Curious what others recommend as I am likely to order my X and need winter tires also.

3. martind3

martind3 Member

I’m going with the Replika (already received them) and either the X-Ice or Blizzaks. I’m partial to the Blizzak but Costco has a promotion on the X-Ice that ends today where you get $110 Costco gift card with purchase of four tires. Going to try to make a final decision tonight. i just couldn’t justify $2700 for the Tesla package.

I’m going to have Costco install/ balance on the rims this month and then install them myself later in early/ mid -November. I don’t fully trust Costco to lift the Tesla yet even though they say they have experience with it.

4. tinyrodent

tinyrodent Member

5. Mikeydeek

Mikeydeek Member

Thanks for the Costco tip!

Where did you set your replika from?

6. Mikeydeek

Mikeydeek Member

7. tinyrodent

tinyrodent Member

Installation is included with this deal.

8. martind3

martind3 Member

wheelwiz.ca

they were very quick - 24 hours from order to delivery.

9. richyrich

richyrich Member

I've used Costco Kanata twice. They have a set of Tesla pucks and a guy who knows Teslas. You can also see into the bay from outside if you want to watch what they do. I have no complaints - seems like quality work and $15 per wheel is a bonus. Only downside is how busy they get and it's never especially quick (but I'd rather they take their time).

• Helpful x 1