Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa - recommendations for winter tires and good installers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there.

Thinking about winter tires in Ottawa.

Have it narrowed down to Tesla’s winter tire package or putting together Replika + Michelin X-ice.

Has anyone tried either of these?

And can you recommend a good Ottawa tire shop who knows how to install too?

thanks!

I’m going with the Replika (already received them) and either the X-Ice or Blizzaks. I’m partial to the Blizzak but Costco has a promotion on the X-Ice that ends today where you get $110 Costco gift card with purchase of four tires. Going to try to make a final decision tonight. i just couldn’t justify $2700 for the Tesla package.

I’m going to have Costco install/ balance on the rims this month and then install them myself later in early/ mid -November. I don’t fully trust Costco to lift the Tesla yet even though they say they have experience with it.

I’m going with the Replika (already received them) and either the X-Ice or Blizzaks. I’m partial to the Blizzak but Costco has a promotion on the X-Ice that ends today where you get $110 Costco gift card with purchase of four tires. Going to try to make a final decision tonight. i just couldn’t justify $2700 for the Tesla package.

I’m going to have Costco install/ balance on the rims this month and then install them myself later in early/ mid -November. I don’t fully trust Costco to lift the Tesla yet even though they say they have experience with it.

Thanks for the Costco tip!

Where did you set your replika from?

I've used Costco Kanata twice. They have a set of Tesla pucks and a guy who knows Teslas. You can also see into the bay from outside if you want to watch what they do. I have no complaints - seems like quality work and $15 per wheel is a bonus. Only downside is how busy they get and it's never especially quick (but I'd rather they take their time).

• Helpful
Reactions: martind3