Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa service centre now in app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this is old news but I notice in the app I can now select Ottawa for a service appointment? 845 Carling Ave... Maybe this is just a way to get mobile service but it doesn't say so. Giving it a try for a Sept appointment.

That's the old DOW Honda location. There aren't any signs on the building other than a FOR LEASE sign. I'd be surprised if it opened any time soon, but that is a prime location for Tesla if they were to open anywhere.

That's the old DOW Honda location. There aren't any signs on the building other than a FOR LEASE sign. I'd be surprised if it opened any time soon, but that is a prime location for Tesla if they were to open anywhere.

Agreed. I'm guessing the fact it's in the app (and you can book into it starting Sept) is a pretty solid sign that it's coming and is definitely there. Didn't think that was for sure until now.

On the Ottawa Tesla Owners Facebook group there’s been lots of discussion about this. It’s confirmed that Tesla has taken over the service bays at the back of the old Dow Honda building but not the front of the building where you see the For Lease signs. Opening is imminent. Most service in the NCR will still be mobile. This location gives them a place to store parts and operate their home base. As well any appointments that need more than mobile (like needing a hoist) will be done there.

Kevin also confirmed to me on Aug 21 that they have "lots of room now" (when discussing parts storage) in the new location.
Note that as far as I've been told by Kevin, it's not currently intended to be a "fully branded and walk in" service and sales centre. It's just a service centre where they will do work they cannot do using the mobile truck/car solutions (to avoid us having to go to Montreal). Kevin said to me that they expect to be able to do almost everything from Ottawa once they have the location fully operational (which should be around now based on what he said to me early in August), with preference being remote/mobile service for convenience, but with the ability to bring cars in to bays as needed to do the heavy/complex/long stuff.

IMG_0826.jpg
Personally, I would love to see a Tesla sign/logo on the front. Right now the "For Lease" signage is not really reassuring to anyone that I've told about the location of the service centre.
I asked about that too, Patrick said look up:
I don't know if you can see it from Carling Ave.

View attachment 471789
I asked about that too, Patrick said look up:
I don't know if you can see it from Carling Ave.

When driving westbound on Carling, if you're in one of the rightmost 2 lanes and look to the right, the signage is briefly visible as you go past Preston St.

When driving eastbound on Carling, the signage is not visible, though the address number, 835, that's on the front of the building (south face) is clearly visible but not associated with any Tesla logo or sign.

Perhaps this is because Tesla is only occupying only part of 835 Carling, just the building at the back, not at the front?

In either case, the "For Lease" signage has gone and it just looks like an Elections Canada location from the front.

Overall, a big step forward (in my opinion).

Reactions: madmax240
Personally, I would love to see a Tesla sign/logo on the front. Right now the "For Lease" signage is not really reassuring to anyone that I've told about the location of the service centre.

FYI this is only a temporary location. Apparently the property is developer-owned and slated for another giant high-rise like the new one across the street so eventually Tesla will have to move, I think that's partly why it's not being made into a full, permanent SC. Tech told me it's a "light" Service Center - for example they can't do BMS software upgrades (which apparently my 3 should have done at some point).