Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI -- Yesterday, I was talking with Montreal "Mobile Service" coordinator (or something) and he confirmed 2nd Ottawa mobile service person -- named "Kevin" -- so hopefully Patrick won't be as overwhelmed. Didn't volunteer anything about a service bay, centre or anything -- but I didn't ask.

Ottawa needs a full service center and body shop. Hope that happen before all the Model3 start to need some service.

There are 2 rangers in Ottawa now, one new guy based out of Smiths falls with the Ford Transit, and the other Patrick, based out of Ottawa with a branded Model S P85DL (soon). The guy from Smiths falls is just starting his job, so he's still shadowing Patrick for a few weeks.

There is also now an authorized body shop in Ottawa, Donnelly Fleet Repair & Collision Centre near South Keys. They've gotten full approval except for the chassis repair, they're working on that certification as it is.

Tesla is also looking at a service location in Ottawa, they're currently scouting buildings.

They're also getting a small fleet of loaners for Ottawa soon. Hopefully they'll be M3P's... that'll be a fun experience to drive.

Tesla is aware that Ottawa is an undeserved market at the moment and is omitting itself to improving in the area. Good things take time, and from the looks of it, we'll be seeing some major changes this year.

PS. The mobile service rangers are full-time Tesla employees, not contractors.

There are 2 rangers in Ottawa now, one new guy based out of Smiths falls with the Ford Transit, and the other Patrick, based out of Ottawa with a branded Model S P85DL (soon). The guy from Smiths falls is just starting his job, so he's still shadowing Patrick for a few weeks.

There is also now an authorized body shop in Ottawa, Donnelly Fleet Repair & Collision Centre near South Keys. They've gotten full approval except for the chassis repair, they're working on that certification as it is.

Tesla is also looking at a service location in Ottawa, they're currently scouting buildings.

They're also getting a small fleet of loaners for Ottawa soon. Hopefully they'll be M3P's... that'll be a fun experience to drive.

Tesla is aware that Ottawa is an undeserved market at the moment and is omitting itself to improving in the area. Good things take time, and from the looks of it, we'll be seeing some major changes this year.

I’m assuming you meant to say, “underserved” not “undeserved” as well as “committing itself” and not “omitting”. Good summary of the current situation; I can confirm everything you’ve written. Let’s hope for a service center and loaners soon although you can’t beat Patrick fixing things in your driveway.

My model s is 3 years old and the parking break no longer work. tried emailing the montreal service centre nobody answered. tried the app and got appointment a month away. not clear if I can get a loaner or not. we have lots of teslas around so a service centre here makes sense. Ottawa have lots of high end cars now like maserati, porsche etc. I’ll see how they handle this repair but I don’t want to drive 5 hours for service and if they can’t fix your car same day then what? I work all the time so taking time off just to get a car repaired is not much option.

I just spoke to Tesla Customer Service today and the rep confirmed that there is an Ottawa Service Centre on the books for December 2019 or early 2020. He would not give details or location, but that was good news for sure. Now hopefully they can find a location soon. I am also hopeful that the new Nepean Supercharger will be a V3 :)

My model s is 3 years old and the parking break no longer work. tried emailing the montreal service centre nobody answered. tried the app and got appointment a month away. not clear if I can get a loaner or not. we have lots of teslas around so a service centre here makes sense. Ottawa have lots of high end cars now like maserati, porsche etc. I’ll see how they handle this repair but I don’t want to drive 5 hours for service and if they can’t fix your car same day then what? I work all the time so taking time off just to get a car repaired is not much option.

I don't think you need to worry. I've had two sets of warranty items done at my home by the ranger - first Patrick then Kevin. Both were excellent experiences and would have come to me where I was in the Ottawa area. Unless you are literally driving constantly (taxi?) they will come to you and do the work. Possibly a couple of visits if they have to diagnose then come back with parts.

To get both services I scheduled a Montreal appointment through the website but was contacted about a week out from it and switched to a ranger visit on both occasions. I think when I spoke to Kevin he said you don't have to do it this way - I think he said call the main assistance number (guess it's written somewhere in the car) and they will arrange the ranger visit.

I just spoke to Tesla Customer Service today and the rep confirmed that there is an Ottawa Service Centre on the books for December 2019 or early 2020. He would not give details or location, but that was good news for sure. Now hopefully they can find a location soon. I am also hopeful that the new Nepean Supercharger will be a V3 :)

If I had a dollar for every time a Tesla "rep" has said something exciting.... :)

Reactions: Vawlkus

That is very much at odds with something I heard 2 months ago. I hope that is true, but they’ve promised a service center before.

There are two service reps in Ottawa. One came to my house when I had problems starting the car when I returned from my overseas trip. He lives in Rockland and I understand the other rep lives in Kanata. My problems were resolved easily.

The rep who came to my home also mentioned that a garage of some sort may open soon in Bentley Street are near COSTCO. I received the impression that it would not be a full service operation but it would handle some of the jobs the local rangers cannot handle at someone’s home.

Hi,

I noticed two deep scratches on my M3, one near charge port and a long line on the back of the trunk. Has any of you been at Donnelly Collision Center for your Tesla paint job? Do you recommend them? I used Auto Bugatti in Montreal for another incident and very happy with their quality of work. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi,

I noticed two deep scratches on my M3, one near charge port and a long line on the back of the trunk. Has any of you been at Donnelly Collision Center for your Tesla paint job? Do you recommend them? I used Auto Bugatti in Montreal for another incident and very happy with their quality of work. Please advise. Thank you.

Looks like the closest Tesla approved ones are in Montreal:

Body Shop Support