TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ouch..ABS Failure, No regen, traction & stability control, etc

Discussion in 'Model X' started by X Fan, Feb 5, 2017.

1. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Anyone have this problem yet?

Called Tesla Service that advised me to fully turn off, wait 3 minutes and turn back on. Still showing failure messages.

20K miles, 9 months old and have had one drive unit replaced so far.

2. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

Wait. Tesla is still casually replacing drive units? Why was yours replaced?

3. gde_eu

gde_eu Member

Yes, had that. Almost new, 2k miles and 2 months old. Sometimes works, sometimes failed. When it failed it was "fine" (no ABS but work as expected without any assistance) and when it worked was also fine (it worked :) ) but the sometimes "in-between" (failed but not detected by the car) was scary because the car start doing bad things, like correcting trajectory when not needed...

Ultimately was flatbeded to SC (100 miles away and was too scary to drive like that). They changed the sensor and so far so good (20K miles now).

I recommend visits the SC as soon as possible !

(PS : was with an S but probably they are very close)

• Like x 1
  4. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Thx for response! Based on remote diagnostics, Ranger thinks it is also a sensor. Hope so, I have visitors that I need to pick up in a week.

Re: other question. One drive unit was replaced after about 4 months of ownership (there was a bulletin for some early X's to have SC check) due to shudder.

5. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Sensor replaced and all good....great turnaround by Tesla, fixed in a day.

6. gde_eu

gde_eu Member

Yes, was very fast for me as well, but was escalated to a kind of "very urgent, need to solve immediately" status !