Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ouch! (Fender Garnish injured)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We hurt our X yesterday. Illijana was backing over the newly gravelled driveway to pack it down, and drove too close to the log lining our driveway, and caught the fender garnish (yep, that is the part name) with a piece of the log that was sticking out just a bit. We are talking to Tesla to get the part (passenger side rear), so that we can replace it. Sigh. Here are the pics.
DSC_1422.JPG
DSC_1424.JPG

Update: The fender garnish is on its way! Part cost was $51. Total cost was about $76 with shipping. We are hoping we can put it in ourselves, but will see when it gets here. Otherwise, our local bodyshop (who put in our DrawTite hitch) gets the job. Pics to follow when we figure it out. Many thanks to Andy in the San Rafael service center for his excellent service.

Hi Jim, have you been out on the trails this summer? I missed your adventure thread that usually has a lot of great information. -TechVP
Three weeks in Oregon coming up in October! We are going to do a drive and camp each night kind of trip to test whether my body can handle a 6 week trip (to Utah) next spring. We are looking forward to the trip. I hope we can see you on the way. Details to follow when we figure out what we want to do more specifically.
On the subject of the fender garnish, we put the part on ourselves and all seems to be well. Yeah!

• Informative
Reactions: TechVP