Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ouch my Ears Hurt!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 LEMR - 2018 - Software 2020.20.12 d2c8a3e11Of4

Ok so recently I've noticed that sometime in the last 2-3 updates (Not sure since I've been working for home for the last 3 months), the car (or my iphone) will automatically make the volume 100% to the Max whenever I lock or unlock my iPhone X. It could be the iphone, but I have not noticed it with any other bluetooth speaker, thus I am pretty sure it is with the latest Tesla update. I'm glad they figured out how to hand off the phone calls better. (waiting until the driver door is closed!) But it is super loud and annoying and it blows my ears out whenever I get a text message because my Tesla makes the volume 100%. Look, I am not posting about battery degradation or anything crazy, but someone has to be experiencing the same thing? Help! Any work arounds? Any advice on telling Tesla to fix this on a future update? I enjoy the updates, but hate it when they tinker and take a step back in something that I've gotten accustomed to. Please respond!

Thanks!

Similar thing happened to me on a road trip this weekend. Incoming phone call that I answered and could not hear them. Hung up and then noticed streaming music (Tesla) would scroll super fast to the end of a song and proceed to do the same with the next song. I had the volume all the down to mute since I had a passenger and we were talking. A couple minutes later the audio volume popped on at 100% volume and startled us. I immediately rolled the volume down via steering wheel control then reported bug.

P.S. This happened twice this past Saturday - all after update to 2020.20.12
NEVER happened before on 2019 or 2020.

My phone got an emergency alert while driving, and the car decided to blast it at 100% volume for some reason. It was super loud.
This happened to my wife and I. One recent Sunday there was an iPhone alert for a city-wide curfew (emergency alert), and the car blasted it at 100% volume. I don't think I've ever had the car's volume about 50%. Boy that was a scary few seconds!

I actually had to turn off the AMBER Alerts and Emergency Alerts because they would go off at inopportune times at work (pre-COVID). Imagine an open office environment with 100+ employees, and half the phones going off at the same time!