Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our 7-Year-Old Hopes His “Tesla Flat Stanley” Can Visit Every Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This... Is... AWESOME!

I want to nitpick at some of the flaws (force of habit spending all day correcting people's misinformation) but I think I will make an exception for your son :p

The report made me smile and it is cool how much knowledge he does have already about the car and company. Was a lot of fun to follow this and even contribute in some small way!

I want to nitpick at some of the flaws (force of habit spending all day correcting people's misinformation) but I think I will make an exception for your son :p

I completely agree. I had to suspend my "media bias", "P.R. bias," and "technically incorrect bias" and let a seven-year-old tell his story. Please understand, the requirements for this end-of-year project have some pretty specific parameters, and what our son is doing definitely stretches those boundaries. Yeah, a lot. But most importantly, he gets it, and his classmates really respond well. Oh, and their parents too!!

To us, it's not just an end-of-year presentation for some random first-grader; it's demonstrating and educating to adults and kids alike what a meaningful change this represents. The fact it is coming from a seven-year-old with support from a hundred advocates across the world is nothing short of amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Final report is still in progress; we needed more poster boards. More coming after the weekend. We expect to have photos of his actual presentation.

Last edited:
I completely agree. I had to suspend my "media bias", "P.R. bias," and "technically incorrect bias" and let a seven-year-old tell his story. Please understand, the requirements for this end-of-year project have some pretty specific parameters, and what our son is doing definitely stretches those boundaries. Yeah, a lot. But most importantly, he gets it, and his classmates really respond well. Oh, and their parents too!!

To us, it's not just an end-of-year presentation for some random first-grader; it's demonstrating and educating to adults and kids alike what a meaningful change this represents. The fact it is coming from a seven-year-old with support from a hundred advocates across the world is nothing short of amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Final report is still in progress; we needed more poster boards. More coming after the weekend. We expect to have photos of his actual presentation.

haha! Nice to know I wasn't the only one. Must be harder for you since you have to control yourself and not interject into his report :)

For the record I was mostly joking. I was totally amazed at how much he did know. I am curious how he is stretching the boundaries of the requirements? If anything this is going way above and beyond what was requested, but you shouldn't be punished for that (not that he was, going to... but you know). I am glad that the reception has been really positively received.

Have you had any parents come up to you and ask how they can get one? haha!

I am curious how he is stretching the boundaries of the requirements? If anything this is going way above and beyond what was requested, but you shouldn't be punished for that (not that he was, going to... but you know). I am glad that the reception has been really positively received.

Have you had any parents come up to you and ask how they can get one? haha!

The project is more about the Model S, how it works, and how it charges, and only about 40% about Flat Stanley. Last year his kindergarten project was also about Tesla, and ended with a video with his whole class (all 16 kids) fitting into the Model S. Once Tesla and Elon tweeted the link, the video had over 45,000 views in 3 weeks! Since that presentation a year ago, we've had several parents very interested in getting a Model S.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's been an Elmer's type of Mother's Day, and mom and child are tired of gluing. However, the Tesla Flat Stanley portion of the presentation is now ready... and is bigger than the child! He was only able to geographically label his 10 favorites. Beyond that was pretty impossible!

DSC04946e.jpg

More to follow after his class presentation this week. The portion about the car and company is still to come. :)

BTW, that collage has a photo for each of the 85 locations visited, with a couple extra photos/visits to the same location.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that video from last year, was pretty awesome! I guess because I never did a Flat Stanley project when I was going through school that I didn't realize what the requirements were even supposed to be... other than, you know... taking a bunch of random pictures with Stanley in it haha!

Love the photo, really impressive! and yeah, it makes sense that it would be too much to try to do more than about 10 favorites. Did you take the current map, or did you selectively mark on the map all the locations we managed to get? It is pretty awesome. I am still impressed that we got 85 total, I wish we could have gotten all 100, but it was a goal-post that just kept moving. How many were present when we started? Wasn't it something like 70?

Did you take the current map, or did you selectively mark on the map all the locations we managed to get? It is pretty awesome. I am still impressed that we got 85 total, I wish we could have gotten all 100, but it was a goal-post that just kept moving. How many were present when we started? Wasn't it something like 70?

The map was printed last Wednesday with all the locations at that point. He put red stars on the map on the Flat Stanley board to mark the Supercharger locations that Flat Stanley visited. There were 80 superchargers total when he started the project.

- - - Updated - - -

Our son did his Tesla Model S and Tesla Flat Stanley presentation yesterday. It went very well (for 1st Grade) and we were very proud of him! My wife went up to the front to help him when he opened the big Tesla Flat Stanley boards. She says that being able to see the expressions on all the children's faces, and hear their gasps of amazement when they saw all the pictures of Tesla Flat Stanley was worth all the time (and glue sticks) spent on the project!

Thank you everyone for your help and contributions!!!!

DSC04948e.jpg
DSC04952e.jpg

Fantastic! Well done to your son, Monsoon! My second-grader son - posing in front of the supercharger at the TESLA factory - was thrilled to see himself get a good placement (right behind your son's right hand) on the chart :)

Exactly! I am no longer in second grade, but the first thing I did with the (fantastic) pictures was to look for the charger picture my wife had to put up with. No, I shouldn't say that, because she totally got into it, but she wanted to see our picture, too.

Also, great pics of Monsoonson doing his presentation!!