Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our Crashed X is still not fixed...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It wouldn't be as big of a deal if the body shop was actually honest with us and had good communication skills... But they haven't been and they dont. They said in January that it would be ready by end of the month... Just last week they said it wasn't painted yet and they were still waiting on a seat from Tesla... For two months now they've told me it will be done in a couple weeks...

This is the car in referring to:

They've had the car since December 10th.

To make matters worse, I'm a Model 3 first in line waiter, and finally received my invite to configure 3 weeks ago... We can't buy the 3 as our garage would be full and we would have an extra car and a Tesla sitting outside until the white X was sold...

All this to just inform you that even after almost 2 years of production, anythian more than minor repairs on a Model X will take about 4 months minimum. I would hate to be one of the owners who is in an accident in a Model 3...

Last edited:
Man o man that is a lot of damage
I have to say I chuckled at seeing the water bottle still in the cupholder. Tells me Tesla makes pretty great cupholders!
There are too many stories like yours in this forearm. Hope it is fixed soon

All this to just inform you that even after almost 2 years of production, anything more than minor repairs on a Model X will take about 4 months minimum. I would hate to be one of the owners who is in an accident in a Model 3...
What has Tesla said when you called them? Did they give you any help interacting with the body shop?

Tesla needs to know about all these situations to make it better and hold body shops accountable.

Link: Body Shop Support

Lmxr7G1.jpg

The OP poster said that one of the sticking points is that the body shop is 'still waiting on a seat from Tesla'
Why does that stop him from contacting Tesla? What about the other issues they mentioned? Why not contact Tesla.

Quote:
1) They said in January that it would be ready by end of the month...
2) Just last week they said it wasn't painted yet
3) For two months now they've told me it will be done in a couple weeks...

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Why does that stop him from contacting Tesla? What about the other issues they mentioned? Why not contact Tesla.

Quote:
1) They said in January that it would be ready by end of the month...
2) Just last week they said it wasn't painted yet
3) For two months now they've told me it will be done in a couple weeks...

I'm just saying that before the shop gets thrown under the bus, consider that there may be other factors. Besides the seat, were they waiting weeks for other parts from Tesla?
Obviously the shop had to give some sort of timeline for insurance, but who would think that it takes 3 months to get a seat? Maybe the last time they repaired crash damage on a
Model X, the parts showed up in a week and that is what they based their estimate on.

The OP poster said that one of the sticking points is that the body shop is 'still waiting on a seat from Tesla'

True. But when did they order it? Or did they really order it? I'd like to hear Tesla's side of it as well. Maybe it will end up a bunch of finger pointing, or maybe it will be productive.

I would really love to see the parts ordered show up on the "my tesla" page. They are mapped to VIN, why not show part, ordered & shipped date.

True. But when did they order it? Or did they really order it? I'd like to hear Tesla's side of it as well. Maybe it will end up a bunch of finger pointing, or maybe it will be productive.

I would really love to see the parts ordered show up on the "my tesla" page. They are mapped to VIN, why not show part, ordered & shipped date.
Well the car obviously needs a seat we can all see that. And they said it would be done in January. The seat order was most likely made over 2mo ago. I don't think it is outrageous to assume such a thing when owners here are posting about waiting weeks or months for basic parts.