TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Our Crashed X is still not fixed...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DrivingTheFuture, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DrivingTheFuture

#1 DrivingTheFuture, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    It wouldn't be as big of a deal if the body shop was actually honest with us and had good communication skills... But they haven't been and they dont. They said in January that it would be ready by end of the month... Just last week they said it wasn't painted yet and they were still waiting on a seat from Tesla... For two months now they've told me it will be done in a couple weeks...

This is the car in referring to:

They've had the car since December 10th.

To make matters worse, I'm a Model 3 first in line waiter, and finally received my invite to configure 3 weeks ago... We can't buy the 3 as our garage would be full and we would have an extra car and a Tesla sitting outside until the white X was sold...

All this to just inform you that even after almost 2 years of production, anythian more than minor repairs on a Model X will take about 4 months minimum. I would hate to be one of the owners who is in an accident in a Model 3...

2. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

Glad everyone was okay. Hope you get her back soon.

• Like x 1
  3. GayForEllon

GayForEllon Member

How could they possibly not total the car?! Who was the insurance company? Glad you're ok!

How did the accident happen?

• Like x 5
    • Disagree x 1
  4. BeardedBro

BeardedBro Member

Really surprised that the turnaround time is still so bad for these situations. Like @davidc18 said though, glad all are well.

5. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Member

Man o man that is a lot of damage
    I have to say I chuckled at seeing the water bottle still in the cupholder. Tells me Tesla makes pretty great cupholders!
    There are too many stories like yours in this forearm. Hope it is fixed soon

6. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

What has Tesla said when you called them? Did they give you any help interacting with the body shop?

Tesla needs to know about all these situations to make it better and hold body shops accountable.

Link: Body Shop Support

[​IMG]

7. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

I’d really be curious as to what Tesla says. It sounds like a runaround from the body shop. Or peeling the onion in the repair, ordering one part at a time.

• Like x 1
  8. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Member

The OP poster said that one of the sticking points is that the body shop is 'still waiting on a seat from Tesla'

9. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

As you noted, most important aspect of this crash is that your wife is OK.....hope they get this fixed for you soon!

10. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

Please spend the extra $10 a month and get the most expensive rental car coverage. If the insurance is spending 10k in rental cars, maybe they will push the shops to work faster.

• Like x 1
  11. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Try contacting @JonMc....oh wait....

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  12. myblubu

myblubu Member

Just curious, which shop is doing the repairs?

13. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Why does that stop him from contacting Tesla? What about the other issues they mentioned? Why not contact Tesla.

Quote:
    1) They said in January that it would be ready by end of the month...
    2) Just last week they said it wasn't painted yet
    3) For two months now they've told me it will be done in a couple weeks...

• Like x 1
  14. P85Dave

P85Dave Member

Contact Tesla. They can not only expedite parts but make things very difficult for the body shop if they are dragging their feet...

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Member

I'm just saying that before the shop gets thrown under the bus, consider that there may be other factors. Besides the seat, were they waiting weeks for other parts from Tesla?
    Obviously the shop had to give some sort of timeline for insurance, but who would think that it takes 3 months to get a seat? Maybe the last time they repaired crash damage on a
    Model X, the parts showed up in a week and that is what they based their estimate on.

16. DrivingTheFuture

Exactly... He helped us before. I thought of him this time around but oh well

17. DrivingTheFuture

Thanks all for your encouragement, I'm too tired tonight to answer all the questions, but I'll contact Tesla body shop support about this. I forgot they had a dedicated team for this sort of thing. Glad I posted

• Like x 1
  18. P85Dave

P85Dave Member

• Helpful x 2
  19. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

True. But when did they order it? Or did they really order it? I'd like to hear Tesla's side of it as well. Maybe it will end up a bunch of finger pointing, or maybe it will be productive.

I would really love to see the parts ordered show up on the "my tesla" page. They are mapped to VIN, why not show part, ordered & shipped date.

20. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Member

Well the car obviously needs a seat we can all see that. And they said it would be done in January. The seat order was most likely made over 2mo ago. I don't think it is outrageous to assume such a thing when owners here are posting about waiting weeks or months for basic parts.