Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our diminished value case is headed to trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m soooo sorry I never updated this. Allstate flat out wouldn’t pay for diminished value. We couldn’t find a lawyer and tried to go to court ourselves. My husband’s mom died and we got overwhelmed moving his dad from California to Idaho. So we settled with Allstate, the other person’s insurance. They refused the diminuation claim but paid us $8,000 on the loss of use. We had to accept it because representing ourselves in court became too hard with everything else going on at the time.

St. Lucie in Florida did a beautiful DIV appraisal for us, but because they were not local, that became a problem. To get the report into evidence for use at the trial required us to fly the appraiser out for deposition and trial, and his schedule just wasn’t working with the discovery deadline and trial date. Rules of Evidence in California Courts can be tricky, and I just couldn’t do it myself. So we just settled for Loss of Use.

There it is. Sorry it took so very long to update this. I haven’t been on the forum since August 2018

I’m soooo sorry I never updated this. Allstate flat out wouldn’t pay for diminished value. We couldn’t find a lawyer and tried to go to court ourselves. My husband’s mom died and we got overwhelmed moving his dad from California to Idaho. So we settled with Allstate, the other person’s insurance. They refused the diminuation claim but paid us $8,000 on the loss of use. We had to accept it because representing ourselves in court became too hard with everything else going on at the time.

St. Lucie in Florida did a beautiful DIV appraisal for us, but because they were not local, that became a problem. To get the report into evidence for use at the trial required us to fly the appraiser out for deposition and trial, and his schedule just wasn’t working with the discovery deadline and trial date. Rules of Evidence in California Courts can be tricky, and I just couldn’t do it myself. So we just settled for Loss of Use.

There it is. Sorry it took so very long to update this. I haven’t been on the forum since August 2018
Life happens and you gave it a good college try.

Reactions: Akikiki