Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our first EV road trip - 5,000+ miles in the South West USA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We git our LR Y back in September but have only used it for local trips around the north Dallas area due to various challenges this year (very bad year for us so far).
We finally had a chance to go away and recover/relax so we decided on a route out to California and back and thought it would be worth recording it (new to YouTube) as new EV road trippers to see how the experience was in terms of convenience, charging, range, charger congestion, time, hotel charging experiences, autopilot, phantom braking and so on…

Part 1 already uploaded here:

Personally, I like the way you did in the first four episodes.
Thank you for spending the time collecting data.
Would you please elaborate on your video recording setup? I am planning a trip from a SoCal to Vancouver and back, about 3250 miles. I was thinking of attaching my iPhone on top of the screen - not sure about image stability.
Did you have your trip already? I am interested to see your route and setup. We had a trip to Yellowstone with an full size ICE car and it was bad - not enough space, forgot some equipment (my mistakes). But it was overall an experience and lesson learning for a longer road trip in the future.

Did you have your trip already? I am interested to see your route and setup. We had a trip to Yellowstone with an full size ICE car and it was bad - not enough space, forgot some equipment (my mistakes). But it was overall an experience and lesson learning for a longer road trip in the future.
Yes, just finished my trip. I posted an initial thread in this forum. We had a great time.

Reactions: theocguy