Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our Model S lost LTE music streaming a few days ago...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since the update which brought down Spotify and the other services, we can only play music over WiFi.

A call into Tesla was confusing, wherein the explained that Premium Data is no longer being offered on new models and so on, but our car is about 10 months old (P100D). They said they would switch our account "back" but that it would require a ticket and some time to fix, and no fix has been forthcoming for a few days.

If this was widespread, I'd think I'd see a lot more on it, but it does not seem to be an FAQ or I somehow missed it!

Works great under WiFi, but I don't want to sit in the garage all day! Does anyone know how I can get music on the road?

Tesla suggested that we create a hot spot on our phone and connect the car to the Internet via WiFi and the hotspot, but that has proved troublesome, and was never required before.

Please help! It's actually my wife's car and I'm just the poor guy that lives here and has to support any post-1982 technology :)

Tesla suggested that we create a hot spot on our phone and connect the car to the Internet via WiFi and the hotspot, but that has proved troublesome, and was never required before.

Please help! It's actually my wife's car and I'm just the poor guy that lives here and has to support any post-1982 technology :)
I've heard that one downside of this is that the car can end up downloading some pretty hefty software updates, thinking that you're on WiFi.

Our 2013 Model S also lost music streaming (mid-September?). We attributed it to an incomplete software update. We have poor wifi even with a range booster and spotty cell coverage. We had some other issues with the display and navigation, so did a Touchscreen Reboot as directed by Tesla Service (the directions are found on the following site: Software Updates ) and Tesla Service pushed the update via LTE. That fixed it.