Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our Office Charging Station Might Be Offline...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I would shut it down for a more concrete reason. It might not be safe. I'd want to open it up and take a look to see what, if any, internal damage was done before I let people use it.

It doesn't look like the unit itself was damaged, but the possible strain on the connection of a high current conductor might be a concern. It looks like it wasn't pushed very far, though, so it seems likely that the wiring inside the post was not damaged.

It looks to me like the driver really didn't realize what he had done. If he had he wouldn't have just made a regular delivery while the evidence of who hit the post was on display for anyone to see.

Best of luck, Doug, in getting Purolator to cover costs.

Yeah except the curb was still at least 6 feet away from the rear wheels. But that's what he told the terminal manager. Clearly the guy doesn't know how to drive a truck.

Oh and I examined the station and everything is fine. The wires weren't stressed in any way. It just looks stupid.

Turns out it still works. I didn't even have a chance to inspect it before someone came along and plugged in...

View attachment 82128

Gotta love Smart ED owners, we're not going to ignore a plug when there's one available...LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Doug, if I were you, I'd cut the power right now...look what your charger did to that S...it shrunk it!!! :scared:

LOL!!

I tell people that when my Smart ED "hatches it will be a Tesla". |-)