Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our third Tesla and it seems customer service has gotten worse!?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently received our third Tesla so we are not new to the company or cars. We were hoping that the Company would have improved its service since our first car 3 years ago. Our past problems include delivery QA issues, confirming appointments and not showing up, and a serious lack of communications.

Unfortunately, Tesla STILL gets a grade of F for customer service, communication, and delivery. We live in Austin and should have received at least a 60-day temp registration since the DMV appointments were 45 days out. TESLA should have known this since they stood in line (presumably) the day of our delivery! Instead we got a 30 day reg and notified them of the problem. The fact that we only got a response days after the original message is yet another RED FLAG in a long list of red flags for our most recent purchase including:

• Reducing the offer for our trade in vehicle (another Tesla Model 3 performance) by 5k AFTER our order was placed with NO communication or explanation
  • Not clearly disclosing the document requirement until AFTER our order (They required a SIGNED copy of the title for our trade in to be mailed to them!?!)
  • Communicating a delivery date and location and not showing up (I still have the screen shot with the time and location from the site)
  • I needed to track down an associate and I had to arrange delivery HOURS after our appointment
  • Provided temp registration that did not provide enough time for us to make an appointment with Tx DMV for permanent registration

The above WILL be our story to anyone who asks about our Tesla from this point forward! It will be shared in social media. This is not the level of service that we expect for a 60k+ new vehicle.

It is amazing that this situation keeps getting worse at this point!!!!

NO EXCUSE for this treatment, even for a $15k car. Tesla continues to sell MORE cars than their system/staff can handle. It's a nightmare for everyone downstream of the factory.

(I continue to be sympathetic toward the front-line staff, as they're working hard but are overwhelmed.)

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Been saying it, but the second there is literally anybody that can offer a competitive car, Tesla is absolutely boned if they don't fix their customer experience.
I don't think there even necessarily needs to be a matching car.
Might just take enough time that enough people are burned by the experience that they lose repeat custom.

I know someone that wants a Mach-e. I didn't even try to get them to consider Tesla, just because of the customer communications issues.

I don't think there even necessarily needs to be a matching car.
Might just take enough time that enough people are burned by the experience that they lose repeat custom.

I know someone that wants a Mach-e. I didn't even try to get them to consider Tesla, just because of the customer communications issues.
I dunno. They have a backlog of sales that seems to last well into 2022 at this point, so something tells me they won't give a damn about this until sometime late next year when Ford really starts taking off.

Reactions: cyberDogg
Agree with all of this. I have been a Tesla customer for 11 years. The experience has been in decline ever since the M3 was rolled out. The blame rests squarely at Elon's feet. All of the front-line employees I have dealt with work their tails of with zero support to try and make my experience as great as it can be.

The bottom line is that Elon does not care (and will not invest in) anything "back office" because it is not cool to him. Think about what a 10-year old boy would focus on, and you have your answer.

Overheard at the last board meeting....
Board Member: Should we invest in back office systems and Customer Support staff to improve the customer experience?
Elon: Let's build a robot!

As @weebs11 said (and I have been saying for the last few years), none of this will change until there are competing models available at sufficient volumes to take a bite out of Tesla's market. Based on Ford's planned ramp for the F-150 that is still a couple years away.

Reactions: cyberDogg
Agree with all of this. I have been a Tesla customer for 11 years. The experience has been in decline ever since the M3 was rolled out. The blame rests squarely at Elon's feet. All of the front-line employees I have dealt with work their tails of with zero support to try and make my experience as great as it can be.

The bottom line is that Elon does not care (and will not invest in) anything "back office" because it is not cool to him. Think about what a 10-year old boy would focus on, and you have your answer.

Board Member: Should we invest in back office systems and Customer Support staff to improve the customer experience?

As @weebs11 said (and I have been saying for the last few years), none of this will change until there are competing models available at sufficient volumes to take a bite out of Tesla's market. Based on Ford's planned ramp for the F-150 that is still a couple years away.
I've always said that Elon is going to be the end of this company if he's not reined in

It's such a shame, because having a truly great ordering/delivery experience is actually one of those things that could have differentiated Tesla as much as their cars. They clearly have tried to do it by making the process as automated as possible, but as soon as supply/demand crippled their production line like it has, that process has been destroyed. They could at least put a band-aid on it by showing some compassion, acknowledge the problem, and try to communicate with customers to make it right, but instead they're just ignoring it because they will still sell every single car produced for the next 6-12+ months.

We are right in the middle of all your misery! Picking up our new 122K X and no one will even talk with us. Had to drive down to the dealership and found out nothing on their website was correct, especially the insurance. Struggle,struggle,struggle. Now I am informed that when we come to pick up the car this weekend, no one will show us anything on the car. They line up all the purchased car and blink your lights showing you your car. Not safe!!! I have that new yoke steering wheel and have no idea how I will like it. They have a lesson on the car that you can download. That is how you get your answers now! Don’t know if I will ever do this again. This is our 3rd Tesla X. Don’t even ask about about with roadside service or getting service. It just cannot continue like this! We can only take so much. I love and adore the car. But, picking it up will be bitter sweet, I am sure. Sad!