Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of curiosity, what do you hate about your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also with such a forward thinking car company, why can't I have my texts or emails shown on the screen while I drive. How about reading them aloud?
When I got mine I never even asked if it had that capability, I just assumed it surely would. I really miss this functionality....but maybe farts and santa bells are there to compensate ;)

1. Bad windshield wipers (water spread sucks)
2. Back camera in cold climates (salt sprayed after 2 minutes and completely unusable during all winter)
3. Extremely weak headlights (European version is worse than us as there is mandatory headlight spraying required for lights over a certain level, also a cold climate thing, unfortunately model s doesn’t have it)
4. Tons of mcu stuff, but that is not model s specific
5. Creaks and rattles
6. Lack of high-insulation windows (dual layer) for decreased wind noise - would give a really quiet cabin

all of these are due to ‘made in California’ and related to cold weather - hopefully they’ll send some engineers to Canada over the winter and let them figure it out for future models.

this is for 2015 p85dl.

I love my Model 3.
It is the best car I have ever owned and I will never buy another ICE vehicle again.
No delivery issues, No service issues, no defects.
The purchase was smooth online.
I hated going to legacy auto dealers and always felt cheated when I walked out.
Tesla has a much better purchase experience.
The delivery experience was excellent and they spent more time with me explaining the car than I ever had with a legacy auto dealer.
The Tesla app is a great feature as a key, for preheating / cooling, software updates........... It is great
Auto pilot, the maps, sound system are all excellent and get better with OTA updates.
Never owned a car that got better after I bought it.

As new Tesla M3 owner I hate that Tesla release half backed solutions (beta versions, etc) - and still claim the fame of those functions. My expectation buying a car is that every single function works as intended - because I paid for it.

The Tesla is the last car I will ever own, simply due to its incredible technology and comfort. I am interested in what you don't like about it though?

Personally, I find it annoying that even with passive entry enabled, I am unable to tap any of the passenger handles to have only that one extend (i.e. Grabbing backpack out of passenger side and having to unlock the whole car)

Looking forward to your responses! Cheers.
M3

Reactions: davidc18
The Service Center, we have gone thru so many guys at the desk. Their Karma is so bad. They treat every person as they r dumb owners. They have cheated me and or tried many times. I am currently in argument with him now. I finally filed complaint with Draper.
Love the car, but occasionally it needs software help. They just refuse to admit it's their sw. Oh, I'm a geek, taught computer science for 6 yrs.

all of these are due to ‘made in California’ and related to cold weather - hopefully they’ll send some engineers to Canada over the winter and let them figure it out for future models.
Funny you say that, we don't get cold winters / snow here (0°C is considered very cold here, LOL), if the weather is low-mid 20°C then all the creaks and rattles stop and the car just seems to work better, so I suspect you are correct with ‘made in California’ as the problem for many things. But then that is why companies like GM pick specific places around the world to do environmental testing (extreme cold, extreme heat, high altitude etc), maybe Tesla never bothered with that.

I dislike the fact that it doesn't remember my seat and steering wheel settings a lot of times. Or remembers one but not the other. I have to touch my name on the screen for it to go to my settings.

Also with such a forward thinking car company, why can't I have my texts or emails shown on the screen while I drive. How about reading them aloud?

Not only that, when my phone connects to the car I can't use any of the voice features in the phone because I can't hear what the phone is telling me. In Maryland it is illegal to have the phone in your hand, so no buttons can be pressed unless it is mounted to the dashboard or something. What a poor approach Tesla chose.

Funny you say that, we don't get cold winters / snow here (0°C is considered very cold here, LOL), if the weather is low-mid 20°C then all the creaks and rattles stop and the car just seems to work better, so I suspect you are correct with ‘made in California’ as the problem for many things. But then that is why companies like GM pick specific places around the world to do environmental testing (extreme cold, extreme heat, high altitude etc), maybe Tesla never bothered with that.
An exclusive look at Tesla's extreme cold testing facility

Mine is a crusty old 2015 CPO clunker I bought 1 year ago. Yes the car was is pristine condition when the gave it to me. Yes they were super easy to work with, but here goes! In no particular order, i hate
- The fact that it has never broken. Not even a bloody door handle... Give me a break! I need something to complain about on this forum. Some people have all sorts of great war stories. What have I got? Nuth'n! Car is out there right now in the driveway, looking back at me through the window, smug and all.
- The Super Charger network. I have used dozens of them in 12 months. BORING!!!! Pull up, plug in and it works (in my case even free). WTF Tesla?!?! At least have a few broken stalls once in a while, or make the car throw an error. How hard can it be????
- The performance. OMG this is a real gripe of mine. 0-60 mph in 3 second? Hello!?!?! Knock knock, is anybody there!?!?! This is 2019 and if Tesla can't make their cars perform to a level that the AVERAGE person NEEDS on a DAILY basis to get to the shops etc, then they may as well close the factory gates. Just saying.
- Next one if for my wife. Oh how desperately she wanted the car to NOT function as a family car. She HATES the fact that all 4 of us plus our dog can use this as our only car, go shopping, go on holiday, go to IKEA, whatever. We can even take her mother (sometimes, but should remain limited)

So that's my list. I do like Spotify though :)

I'm surprised in all of these posts that no one has mentioned the cupholder locations. I'm lucky to have the center console in my Model S, but I'm still disappointed every time my wife bangs her elbow on one of our tumblers when it's in the higher cupholder.

Also... the glare that my wife gives me every time I mention Tesla. :)

Other than those things, I don't have a single complaint about my car.

Reactions: Chopr147