Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of State CPO Nightmare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear good people,

I really need your advice on what I should do or if there is anyone I can reach out to. I placed a deposit for a cpo last Weds night. I waited to hear from someone Thursday. No word. Friday. No word. I called Tesla and they said someone would reach out to me. Finally a SA gives me a call Friday around 3pm. He tells me about vehicle and sends me pics. I approve and start getting my things in order. I didn't hear back from the SA, so I give him a call Monday and he says, i need to be prepared to get vehicle within 7 days (by this Weds) . I live in Atlanta and the car is located in Chicago. Now I understand the 7 days is stated but no one contacted me until 2 days later and I have still yet to receive a final price to get financing for. I spoke with the new car sales manager in Westmont who was extremely consideration and understanding of the out of town situation and lack of communication on Tesla's part and said he would get someone to help me. Well the used car sales manager contacted me and was a total beach. She said she does not know why people buy cars out of state and I should find local and suggested I forget about this purchase. I still want this car, being that i spent a year looking for the right deal. Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks.

Dear good people,

I really need your advice on what I should do or if there is anyone I can reach out to. I placed a deposit for a cpo last Weds night. I waited to hear from someone Thursday. No word. Friday. No word. I called Tesla and they said someone would reach out to me. Finally a SA gives me a call Friday around 3pm. He tells me about vehicle and sends me pics. I approve and start getting my things in order. I didn't hear back from the SA, so I give him a call Monday and he says, i need to be prepared to get vehicle within 7 days (by this Weds) . I live in Atlanta and the car is located in Chicago. Now I understand the 7 days is stated but no one contacted me until 2 days later and I have still yet to receive a final price to get financing for. I spoke with the new car sales manager in Westmont who was extremely consideration and understanding of the out of town situation and lack of communication on Tesla's part and said he would get someone to help me. Well the used car sales manager contacted me and was a total beach. She said she does not know why people buy cars out of state and I should find local and suggested I forget about this purchase. I still want this car, being that i spent a year looking for the right deal. Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks.
I purchased my car on the 9th and am not picking it up until the 20th. They gave me no issue. Also from the impression I got I’d be surprised if they could have had it ready in a week anyway.