Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of State Pickup -- Activated Subscription FSD for the drive back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appreciate the update and detailed descriptions. I don’t see any reason to waste $200 on FSD other than to show off the smart summon. Lol
It’s 6:30am. I am in St. Louis MO. Our appointment is at 10:00. Excited to go get it and start the long 7 hour ride back home.
How many times did you have to stop to charge? Did your car have a full charge at pickup?
We got there at 10:00am. Vehicle was ready. Inspected the panel gaps. All checked out great. Got in, signed the papers, dropped it off.
It had 88% charge. Stopped couple times to charge. Loving it.

Nah skip Springfield (150kw) and head for Joplin (250kw). Get into Joplin with low state of charge and should get almost the 250.
Ha. I would have but the wife is with me. Too afraid we might be stranded. Lol
Stopped at Springfields Supercharger which was at a Shell gas station. Forgot the name of the liquor store (Mac Doddles or something) grabbed some whiskey. Loves the store. Stopped in Joplin by Harley Davidson. Headed to the airport now to pickup my truck and then home to Muskogee. Should have 50 mile range left when I get home. Kids are ready for us to get home and go for a ride.

Ha. I would have but the wife is with me. Too afraid we might be stranded. Lol
Stopped at Springfields Supercharger which was at a Shell gas station. Forgot the name of the liquor store (Mac Doddles or something) grabbed some whiskey. Loves the store. Stopped in Joplin by Harley Davidson. Headed to the airport now to pickup my truck and then home to Muskogee. Should have 50 mile range left when I get home. Kids are ready for us to get home and go for a ride.
Couple things that will make your ownership more enjoyable:
1. Change display to percentage from miles remaining ( you will never get indicated miles)
2. If you set a Destination in nav you can go to energy screen. There will be a trip tab that will show you soc upon arrival.
3. If you park in a garage exclude sentry from running at home. It is a unneeded battery drain while parked in a secure garage.
4. If you find the phone as key works for you then great. I however did not like it. I ended up ordering the Tesla key which I highly recommend. It is nice when you drop it off at a non Tesla shop. They seem to struggle using the key card in my experience.
5.PPF the front unless you don’t mind rock chips. PPF the rear doors where they stick out or they will get sand blasted. I also have the front mud flaps from Tesla. I’m sure you have seen all these issues on the forums.
That’s all I can think of at the moment. I’ve found the Y to be an amazing ownership experience. If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out!

Reactions: GeoG
Couple things that will make your ownership more enjoyable:
1. Change display to percentage from miles remaining ( you will never get indicated miles)
2. If you set a Destination in nav you can go to energy screen. There will be a trip tab that will show you soc upon arrival.
3. If you park in a garage exclude sentry from running at home. It is a unneeded battery drain while parked in a secure garage.
4. If you find the phone as key works for you then great. I however did not like it. I ended up ordering the Tesla key which I highly recommend. It is nice when you drop it off at a non Tesla shop. They seem to struggle using the key card in my experience.
5.PPF the front unless you don’t mind rock chips. PPF the rear doors where they stick out or they will get sand blasted. I also have the front mud flaps from Tesla. I’m sure you have seen all these issues on the forums.
That’s all I can think of at the moment. I’ve found the Y to be an amazing ownership experience. If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out!
Greatly appreciate all the input. Enjoyed our time driving it. Just reached home. Took our time driving and enjoying our time without the kids. Lol
I am planning on doing all of your suggestions. I have an appointment for Monday to get the windows tinted. They do PPF as well.
Thanks again for all the suggestions.