Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of the shadows and introducing myself.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been lurking here for the better part of the last year. Thanks to all the great people who have shared there experiences with the Model S while I have been patiently waiting and saving money for when I could say I am finally getting one of my own. I actually made a deposit last December before the end of year price increases. At that time I expected I could take delivery in August or September this year but when Tesla ramped up production faster than I thought they would, I couldn't pull the trigger. In the meantime I spent time here to learn all about the vehicle and actually get a test drive for me and my wife. When she gave the blessing I was very happy. I've been able to save enough with the wait to get a P85 (I had originally wanted an S85) so that is a plus. Speaking of a P85+, that is not just in the cards for me since I am most comfortable with the performance and cost of the 19" Michelins. The car will be both a commuter car for me and a "family" vacation vehicle for me, my wife and 2 small kids. I finalized my order 10/3 with a delivery preference for December. I got an email from my DS at the Costa Mesa SC saying it would be ready the first week of December, but due to being out of town I set a delivery date for December 17th. Now the painful wait begins...

I'll post my configuration here until I can add it to my signature:

P85/Grey/Grey Performance Leather/Tech/Pano/Obeche Matte/Parking Sensors/Smart Air Suspension/Sound/19" Michelin Primacy/Parcel Shelf/Folding Mirrors

Congrats! and if you are in the OC, feel free to come to one of our OC Tesla meets.

Ha ha. I already have! I met some of you at CPK in Huntington Beach. I hope to see you again after I take delivery.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! You have the car I've been trying to figure out how to get as my second car, except I want carbon fiber trim inside. Looking forward to seeing pics in Dec!

Carbon fiber was a close second. When I dropped the carbon fiber spoiler from my build I also changed the interior trim. It was a tough call.

Carbon fiber was a close second. When I dropped the carbon fiber spoiler from my build I also changed the interior trim. It was a tough call.
I nearly went with the obeche matte on my blue car, but landed on gloss. Still love the matte, too. Actually I love all the interior trim options except the piano black. It's just too plain for me...

So when you take delivery make sure you include some interior pics for me!

I am officially in production as of today 11/26. I scheduled my delivery for 12/17 although the service center will probably get the car in sooner than that. It's going to be a long 3 weeks...

- - - Updated - - -

I submitted my loan application to Alliant CU yesterday. I will start looking for a new insurer since my current one (Mercury) apparently does not have good rates for the Model S. I will try Geico first. Does anyone else have any recommendations in southern California? Who have the best rates for the Model S? Driving record is clean and I will probably switch my homeowners insurance to the new company as well.

Hi all, Figured I would introduce myself as well. Still figuring my way around the board, but have found an amazing amount of useful material (as well as a nice way to pass the time in advance of delivery). Expecting delivery in Seattle on 12/19 (fingers crossed).

P85+, Blue Metallic, Panoramic Roof, 21" Grey Turbines (with the Red Calipers), Black Textile, Piano Black, Tech, Smart Air, Parking Sensors, Fog Lamps, Rear Seats.

I am officially in production as of today 11/26. I scheduled my delivery for 12/17......................

My car completed production 12/3 and is now being prepared for delivery. I think the service center should have it by early next week. I will take delivery on 12/17.

According to my Dashboard page at teslamotors.com, my car has been scheduled for delivery on 12/21 for over three weeks now (order placed and confirmed on 09/29) but it's status is still "Sourcing Parts" and I am getting a little concerned

If your car went into production 21 days before delivery, my car is now just 17 days from delivery and it is still not in production. Is that typical?

(Note: I am taking delivery at the factory so no extra time will be needed to deliver my car to an SC)

Last edited:
According to my Dashboard page at teslamotors.com, my car has been scheduled for delivery on 12/21 for over three weeks now (order placed and confirmed on 09/29) but it's status is still "Sourcing Parts" and I am getting a little concerned

If your car went into production 21 days before delivery, my car is now just 17 days from delivery and it is still not in production. Is that typical?
Having just experienced this firsthand I would not be concerned about it if I were you...OK, I'll admit I would too...but knowing now what I did not know then, not so much. Here's the straight--Tesla is notoriously slow to update ANYthing on the web. Superchargers, Owner's Manuals, Release Notes, are just a few examples. Mine did not show production complete until WAY late. It NEVER showed delivery date until like two or three days prior to delivery. If nothing else, call them. Call your DS. If you have not yet been introduced, call Tesla. They are GREAT to work with and will let you know with greater degrees of certainty.

My DS sent the MVPA for me to sign yesterday. I hope that means the car has arrived at the service center. The DS said he could have it ready on Monday so I assume that is the case. I've now got the financing completed with Alliant and am changing my insurance to GEICO the morning of delivery. I guess the next step is to get familiar with the delivery checklist so I am ready for the 17th.