TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Out of town and i just got a notice.....

Discussion in 'Model S' started by RYCO, Jun 17, 2016.

1. RYCO

RYCO Member

At Lake Powell. Just got a notice that i have an update. Only had the car about a week and a half and been here a week. Not sure what to do with this. Can I update it from my phone some how or do i have to do it from my car? What do i expect? How drastic are the updates? Have a 90D refreshed.

2. VS_Tiger

VS_Tiger 2016 Black Tesla Model S 70D

if you got the car recently, don't worry about this. This is just a minor point update for the summon feature. You can do this after you get home.

3. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Just keep touching "not now". It will offer you update every day until you go ahead and schedule the update after you return home to your wifi access.

• Like x 1
  4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

there is no reason that you couldn't let the update take place when you're away from home, the only issue is that you need to be able to allow enough time for it to do it's things.

5. RYCO

RYCO Member

Sorry. Meant that the car is at home in the garage connected to the wifi and i got the notice on my samsung phone. Is there a way that i can make it update while away?

6. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

I'm almost certain you have to have access to the touch screen to activate an update. I've received the notifications on my app before but never seen a way to start an update from the app. Probably for good reason as you wouldn't want your spouse or anyone else who might have access to your app or phone accidentally start an update (especially during an inconvenient time). When you get home just schedule the update to happen while you sleep.