Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of warranty model S needs new DC/DC converter - $3k invoice from Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Snow, all good. Thanks for your response! All good now, I found the problem. I got distracted by kids and left the ground wire VERY loose. I’m back on the road with all system go.

I changed the PTC heater fuse in the DCDC.
Awesome. Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that worked as I almost had to do that (turned out the PTC heater needed to be replaced, not the fuse).

What happened? Did the Gen1 DC/DC converter work? I took my 2013 Model S to Tesla on Dec 1 and they first said it would be $1,400 for the repair of Gen1 DC/DC converter. Now they say, 1/ they cant find a gen1 dc/dc converter 2/ Even if they did, it would not work 3/ I have to upgrade to a newer system and it will cost me $7000. Also, they still have my car as they cant find the parts.

$7k? that's pure laziness on your service center's part ... and they are charging you for that laziness.
Your car still drives, go use a third party.. That company in AZ is probably worth a day trip for you