Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out with the old in With the New my salvage 60kWh model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 2012 tesla model s 60kWh battery and had got into bit of an accident snapping off the left rear wheel and gladly not all four were snapped of I was lucky only one did. But that was like 5 months ago an now I have my p85d I still have the 60kWh battery its in my back yard garage I want to know should I part it out or should it fix it and sell it to somebody and let them know about the salvage title. It happend by a girl who ran the red light and slammed into the left end of the car and snapping the wheel off I need help what should I do. I think you want pics before and after maybe???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,348
I actually saw this accident when I was on may way into work that evening (I was southbound on West Side Highway). This wasn't very close to an intersection though, was she merging from the onramp? You also say it's a 2012 60...I thought the first 60 wasn't delivered until 2013?

I actually saw this accident when I was on may way into work that evening (I was southbound on West Side Highway). This wasn't very close to an intersection though, was she merging from the onramp? You also say it's a 2012 60...I thought the first 60 wasn't delivered until 2013?
Well I bought this car from a third party dealer so that's what they told me about and I guess I was stupid enough to believe them??

Well I bought this car from a third party dealer so that's what they told me about and I guess I was stupid enough to believe them??
I mean, you got the title when you bought it, right? What does it say? I, too, thought the 60s didn't deliver until 2013.

That said, Tesla has taken a hard line of salvages. Look at the other threads. You'll be lucky to do much of anything with it unless you have it repaired at an authorized shop. Unless something has changed recently, you or the person you sell it to has a long road ahead of them.

I had a 2012 tesla model s 60kWh battery and had got into bit of an accident snapping off the left rear wheel and gladly not all four were snapped of I was lucky only one did. But that was like 5 months ago an now I have my p85d I still have the 60kWh battery its in my back yard garage I want to know should I part it out or should it fix it and sell it to somebody and let them know about the salvage title. It happend by a girl who ran the red light and slammed into the left end of the car and snapping the wheel off I need help what should I do. I think you want pics before and after maybe???

I'm confused, you got into an accident 5 months before you posted the thread, so roughly October of 2014?

But that accident happened in October of 2013... Tesla Model S Totalled In Violent New York Crash

I'm confused, you got into an accident 5 months before you posted the thread, so roughly October of 2014?

But that accident happened in October of 2013... Tesla Model S Totalled In Violent New York Crash
I don't want to point any fingers at this moment, but that might not be "his car," but a picture of another car to illustrate his point. From his post history he had posted pictures presumably of his dash of a 12V battery issue, but later others found it was cropped from a picture in an older article on Teslarati. He then said he never said that the picture was of his car (even though the implication was obviously there judging by how many people were misled). This may turn out to be the same case.

I don't want to point any fingers at this moment, but that might not be "his car," but a picture of another car to illustrate his point. From his post history he had posted pictures presumably of his dash of a 12V battery issue, but later others found was cropped from a picture in an older article on Teslarati.

Ah yes, that makes perfect sense. When I describe a problem I'm having, I always prefer to post pictures of other peoples belongings too!