Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outage connecting to cars today (July 13)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the GTA and can't connect to my S or X via the app. Login is OK but the app can't reach the cars. Also in car no streaming. Called Tesla tech support and they don't know but guessed it may be related to a Rogers outage issue that has been reported. Just FYI and seeing if anyone else is having these issues.

Tesla tech said in Canada depends on the SIM card in the car. If it's Bell or Telus OK today but if it's Rogers might be out. Misery loves company so hoping it's not some weird thing affecting both my cars and is instead some kind of network issue that can be resolved at their head end.

I was silly enough to have the intermittent problem this morning. And when I thought it was good to go I used the App to do keyless driving. Huge mistake +++ Got stuck at work when the outage happened again and I couldn't get keyless anything to work. So had a not so happy wife drive out to give me the key fob to get home. Lessons learned in the new world of tech. Have a backup using old(er) tech.

Looks like a massive outage according to live map

Rogers down? Realtime status and problems overview | Canadian Outages

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: waterloo42