Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outback mystery tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
Time for a roadtrip.

Hi Blue Heaven, that indeed looks really cool! Good gear for endurance driving...;)
Where did you get that one made?

@Dylanpete @gcgp, went to the local bedding store and purchased a 5 inch double foam mattress with cover for $110, unzipped the cover and cut out the wheel arches, replaced the cover and tucked the loose part under to to neaten the finish up a bit, there's enough flexibility to fold the seats up right and fold the mattress over itself.

• Informative
Reactions: gene and Kayto
Hi Blue heaven - where are you going?

As PJF000 says, it's a mystery, I've made all the pre-trip phone calls and emails but I'm not expecting all the 3 phase plugs to be working correctly when we arrive at each location, we have a few spare days up our sleeves in case 10amp trickle charging is the only option, had a great day today, met some really positive people, stay tuned for more.

Don't you have to do a tremendous amount of pre-planning and phone calls Blue heaven when you plan a trip like this? I end up with pages of tables and printouts. Great fun!

Wish I had a dollar for every time I said the words three...phase....power....outlet.
There's no shortage of power available, no shortage of 3 phase, it's just a matter of are they 5 pin, do they still work, and how much junk is piled up against them.

Rolled into Exmouth without any problems, got to our overnight accommodation, the pre-organized 3 phase plug was in poor condition, the replacement requested by the owners was not followed up, we went for a walk around town this morning and found a mechanic happy to let us charge from his 32 amp 3 phase, the outlets are there it's just a matter of persistence, hopefully this town will have a destination charger fairly soon.
image.jpg

Reactions: Kayto