Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outbound call shows my name, not the called person

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've searched and couldn't find any mention of this. I made an outbound Bluetooth phone call yesterday, which worked perfectly, except the call dialog on the M3 display showed my name, not the person I called. Has anyone else seen this? I've not had a chance to test it further. This was with an android phone (galaxy note 9).

Reactions: Magstauk
I've searched and couldn't find any mention of this. I made an outbound Bluetooth phone call yesterday, which worked perfectly, except the call dialog on the M3 display showed my name, not the person I called. Has anyone else seen this? I've not had a chance to test it further. This was with an android phone (galaxy note 9).
Normal call or a data call through whatsapp or telegram?

I have my name show when I make a data call. Normal phone calls show the person i'm calling.

Reactions: charltones
I can’t remember what mine showed yesterday on a google meet - it was using bluetooth but used the car microphone I think - came up on the dash as a ’phone call’ with a strange number I didn’t recognise. which was good to see (worst case it could have thought it was just bluetooth audio streaming..

’Hey Siri’ does the same - if your phone can hear you, it’ll connect to the car BT with a ‘phone call’ so it’ll talk to you and listen for responses through the car hands free