Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outdated Terminology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sheesh! That's my point. Someone was criticized for saying "roll up the window" and I was just pointing out that sometimes the old terminology based on the old technology sticks around. If we never had rotary dial phones, people would probably have said "enter" the phone number or "punch in" the phone number. For years people "dialed" phones and so the term carried over to today.

Oops. My bad. I guess my use of "Maybe so" was incorrect for my meaning. I was actually piling on to help out your point knox. Sorry about that. I knew where you were going all along, just didn't make it clear enough.:smile:

Wait a minute, though you don't physically do the rolling, there are motors and wheels that roll as the window goes up and down, so this really isn't that outdated of a term. Dialing yes, but automatic rolling is still physically rolling.
Already addressed in another post. ;) Short easy-access repeat: the user experience is what people were referring to not the internals in the term "rolling down windows". (IMO)

my current car has hand cranked windows (Fiat) and I wouldn't have it any other way. One less piece of heavy, expensive electric frippery that can cause endless problems, will quit on you permanently at the most inopportune moment and cost hundreds of dollars to fix.

Heh. If I were in Germany, and a devilish being, I'd pull up to your passenger side when you have no one in the car and ask you to roll it down. Then I'd drive off grinning after you've expended the effort :)

50laugh.gif