Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outdoor charging setup during typhoon season?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi just wondering for those who have car parks / charging stations set up outdoors whether there are any issues w charging during rain or especially during typhoon season etc. or need to take steps to shelter the charger/car like using a canopy system. Thanks all!

my charger is inside garage i bought my for 300 USD bucks from blink. it is made for outdoor use so the warranty of 2 years will cover it outdoors, I've seen tesla level 1 charger mounted outdoors in Houston without a weather box the weather is almost the same as hk but little bit worst so I guess you are covered under warranty.

Hi just wondering for those who have car parks / charging stations set up outdoors whether there are any issues w charging during rain or especially during typhoon season etc. or need to take steps to shelter the charger/car like using a canopy system. Thanks all!
H, my charger is located outside in a. weather proof stainless box and I have the cable coming out of the box to the car. Never had any problems charging during black rain or typhoons.