TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Outdoor Roadster Cover

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by bart513, Mar 28, 2013.

1. bart513

bart513 Member

Does anyone know where to buy an outdoor cover for my en route Roadster? I only see indoor covers from Tesla. Obviously most people keep their Roadsters in the garage but when I travel during the week I won't have a garage available. :eek:

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

3. bart513

bart513 Member

Thanks wiztecy. I'm on it!

4. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Some ask to have a flap or window made on the driver's side window area to view the VDS when charging. I have a 1.5 and found I can perfectly view the VDS from the charge port flap of the cover. Don't know if that would work with the 2.5 since its in the center rather than the driver side.

I don't have a garage so I switch between using the cover and the shower cap to keep things protected / cool.

5. bart513

bart513 Member

Mine is a 1.5 (although won't get to me for another 2 weeks!!!) so it sounds like what you purchased should be fine. Is that cover good for indoors as well? It will be garaged for part of the week.

6. bart513

bart513 Member

I just ordered the CoverCraft Weathershield with cutouts for $310 including lock, bag and tie down!! The car is being shipped out tomorrow from Seattle to Long Island and I cannot wait111

7. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Great! I'm sure you and your Roadster will enjoy it. And yes the cover will work well indoors.

8. bart513

bart513 Member

UGGGHHHH! Because of the weather in the midwest they can't ship it out until next week. I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!