Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outer Island Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to share my service experience living on Kauai because I had no idea how it would go. I didn't buy my car here, I had it shipped from the mainland when I moved here.

My daytime running light went out. No indication from the car, I just noticed it in a reflection .... which I thought was odd. You'd think it would know. Anyways, so I tried calling the Honolulu service center and couldn't get ahold of a person. So I scheduled a service appointment in the app and wrote in the notes "I'm on Kauai, I'm not shipping my car to Oahu."

It took about 5 days for someone to call me and confirm that they saw my note and would be sending a replacement headlight with a mobile technician to my house. They had to order the part which took about two weeks. From the day I called until install it was about 40 days.

Everyone I talked to was super helpful. They called me at least 3 times to keep me updated on the appointment and the status of replacement parts.

Hopefully it's that easy to have someone come out and install the FSD computer.

Thanks for this info, I appreciate any insight on outer island Tesla ownership. I am on Big Island (awaiting delivery) and happy to hear Tesla took care of your problem in a professional manner. It is indeed strange a car with that many sensors would not indicate a light out! Did they say anything regarding that?

Oh, but its not needed. Check the mini avatar of your car on the dash or screen. If there's a light out, like headlight, taillight or turn signal, you can see its out. Considering the headlights are brighter than the running lights, an out running light might not be visible on the avatar.

I anticipate moving out in a few years. I appreciate the thread, I too own a dual model 3 long and hope to bring it along. Or switch to cybertruck before and just Have Tesla HI worry about it. Is there a way we can arrange/harass Tesla to install a bank of chargers at the airport area or where they have the bank of solar panels on Kauai and just start renting out old ones they ship to us or lease us to motivate the public that can afford it to just go electric ? I need a Gig after retiring and always thought it fool not to help Kauai go full electric sooner than others.

I anticipate moving out in a few years. I appreciate the thread, I too own a dual model 3 long and hope to bring it along. Or switch to cybertruck before and just Have Tesla HI worry about it. Is there a way we can arrange/harass Tesla to install a bank of chargers at the airport area or where they have the bank of solar panels on Kauai and just start renting out old ones they ship to us or lease us to motivate the public that can afford it to just go electric ? I need a Gig after retiring and always thought it fool not to help Kauai go full electric sooner than others.
Kauai EV is active with getting charger infrastructure on Kauai. It will be a grassroots effort to find a site/property owner who would be willing to install Tesla chargers since Tesla is focused on superchargers for Oahu first, then Maui.