Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outside delivery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it’s quarter end and all but talking to my local delivery center (Paramus), it seems they’ll deliver my P3D outside come Tuesday (that’s in the rain) . Anyone else have this experience so far ? I don’t see how well I can inspect the car (paint etc. ) when it’s not even dry. They said there’s not as much as an overhang or tent to bring the car under...not exactly what I expected.

I took delivery Wednesday and it was outside and really short. According to others on this forum outside is better for paint inspection. Mine was about 5 minutes then I went home and did my checklist and close inspection - found a few things and went back Friday to let them know. They said no problem and set me up at the body shop and did some quick electronic calibrations.

My first delivery attempt was also outside, but thankfully no rain that day so I could inspect closely, which turned out to be necessary!

I’ll also be there this Tuesday for my next attempt, also expecting it to be outside, but the forcecast doesn’t look favorable this time around. With that said, it was absolutely packed there full of cars waiting to be delivered.

I know it’s quarter end and all but talking to my local delivery center (Paramus), it seems they’ll deliver my P3D outside come Tuesday (that’s in the rain) . Anyone else have this experience so far ? I don’t see how well I can inspect the car (paint etc. ) when it’s not even dry. They said there’s not as much as an overhang or tent to bring the car under...not exactly what I expected.
Any chance of taking to a detailer ASAP and having them inspect?

Thanks for feedback everyone. Turns out I have more time to figure things out , I was notified that delivery is delayed (with less than a day’s notice). Not due to issues discovered on reception at delivery center per their explanation, they’re just so backed up the car won’t show up for another 2-3 days

I guess it’s expected to be this way with quarter end push to deliver a large number of cars for financial statements